PDA

View Full Version : Protein Whipped Fluffy Goodness

dragonfly22
05-17-2011, 08:35 PM
I ripped this off somewhere and tried it last night.

It was awesome; as far as diet protein crap goes anyway! LOL

Naw really, I felt like I was eating stuff I aught not to be! Licking blender beaters and eating this sweet stuff out of the mixing bowl with a spatula while watching TV. Awesome!

I used a protein powder that has a mix of Whey, Casein and egg protein (Beverlys Ultimate Protein Powder Vanilla)

Enjoy!

31g complex protein powder (whey only won't work)
125g berries
4.25 oz H2O or skim milk (don't go over or it won't whip up like whipped cream)
I also sweetened the deal with a packet of stevia.

Mix ingredients
Blend at a high speed with a blender. It'll take about 10 minutes until it beats up fluffy.
Eat up yum!

225 cals
36g protein
21g carbs
0 fat
nice.... The air whipped into the mix will make you burp. But you guys like to burp so consider it a bonus. :)

Kenny537
05-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Seems awful similar to Protein Fluff.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/09/high-protein-recipes-and-jack3d-review.html

PerformanceAthlete
05-17-2011, 09:35 PM

Seems awful similar to Protein Fluff.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/09/high-protein-recipes-and-jack3d-review.html

clearly she isn't taking credit for it.

Kenny537
05-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah, didn't mean to imply that she was. I posted the likely source in case people wanted to see that. Personally, I used this recipe during my UD2.0 carbups - it was yummy.

I used ON casein, skim milk and/or water, frozen mixed berries, dextrose or splenda, and topped it off with a few walnuts and fat free cool whip.

ziggy256
05-18-2011, 05:33 AM

It was awesome; as far as diet protein crap goes anyway! LOL

Naw really, I felt like I was eating stuff I aught not to be! Licking blender beaters and eating this sweet stuff out of the mixing bowl with a spatula while watching TV. Awesome!

I used a protein powder that has a mix of Whey, Casein and egg protein (Beverlys Ultimate Protein Powder Vanilla)

Enjoy!

31g complex protein powder (whey only won't work)
125g berries
4.25 oz H2O or skim milk (don't go over or it won't whip up like whipped cream)
I also sweetened the deal with a packet of stevia.

Mix ingredients
Blend at a high speed with a blender. It'll take about 10 minutes until it beats up fluffy.
Eat up yum!

225 cals
36g protein
21g carbs
0 fat
nice.... The air whipped into the mix will make you burp. But you guys like to burp so consider it a bonus. :)

Whey only will work, the factor in getting the fluff is using frozen berries, don't thaw them at all.

Casein version with water (milk too sickly with casein) is the most filling food every gram for cals, especially if adding fibre / x gum

Uziel
05-18-2011, 05:55 AM
Do you need the frozen berries to get the fluff with the casein version (would use almond milk + guar or xanthan gum)?

dragonfly22
05-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Yup y'all are right.

I wrote it down months ago into on scratch paper then transferred it to my recipe book and forgot where I found it. I re-found it on the leangains site this morning.

Not everybody surfs as much as "we" do, so I figured it was yummy enough to post here!

It seems that some protein powders work better than others with or without Whey. The one I listed worked just fine and is 80% Casein.

I used frozen berries from my blackberry garden and I think they were too watery. Next time I will thaw them and pat dry before I add them.

Enjoy.

Professor Chaos
05-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Do you need the frozen berries to get the fluff with the casein version (would use almond milk + guar or xanthan gum)?

For casein, I've had success when mixing only skim milk. I've also had success with water and mashed fruit. Never water by itself though. The best is when you use both mashed fruit and milk.

popupwindow
05-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Whey only will work, the factor in getting the fluff is using frozen berries, don't thaw them at all.

Casein version with water (milk too sickly with casein) is the most filling food every gram for cals, especially if adding fibre / x gum

I'd be interested in hearing how you got it to work with whey, I read on martins site that casein was ideal and whey didn't work, and I've still got kgs of whey to get through, so I never bothered trying it. So what did you do, 1 scoop of whey with 125g frozen berries and some skim milk, then beat for 10 mins?

tb801
05-18-2011, 10:12 PM
I'd be interested in hearing how you got it to work with whey, I read on martins site that casein was ideal and whey didn't work, and I've still got kgs of whey to get through, so I never bothered trying it. So what did you do, 1 scoop of whey with 125g frozen berries and some skim milk, then beat for 10 mins?

Pretty much. I've done it and it's worked for me

popupwindow
05-19-2011, 12:44 AM
So I did it with 125g frozen raspberries, 1 scoop (30g) of whey isolate and 120mL of 1% milk. Mixed it for a few minutes (got impatient, but texture didn't seem to be changing much at that point so I couldn't be bothered waiting for 10 mins), and ate it. The volume expanded dramatically, as you would expect when you beat air into it. It tasted fine, and was quite satiating, definitely a good base to then tweak to personal preference. So although I haven't done it with casein to compare, I'd agree whey works fine.

zewski
06-08-2011, 10:06 PM
i just tried it today with 40g (20w/20c) protein, 200g frozen strawberries, 50ml skim milk

after about 10 minutes of mixing it with an electric hand mixer it looked pretty darn fluffy, so i put it in the freezer to make it more of a sorbet texture (worked with just casein mixture, on previous attempts), but when i took it about 45 minutes later it was pretty much just protein soup :(

some notes
-it was eas whey, not sure if it's just the brand but for me, whey doesn't work
-i added water to the berries and blended them before mixing with the milk+protein, this may have added too much liquid to the mixture as well

just my two cents

Gillette1
06-09-2011, 06:19 AM
You really don't need berries or milk at all and the kind of powder doesn't really matter much either. The ones that work better seem to have more xanthan gum. You can make a 100% protien one as I do utlizing egg whites and xanthan gum.

3 cups 100% Whites (or equivalent)
2-3 tsp xanthan gum
whip in mixer with wisk attatchment until you reach stiff peaks
add 2-3 scoops of powder (I use Cytosports vanilla caesin)
whip until well mixed

I also add either cinnamon or unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/3 cup gandular spenda. However, the more additives like this you add the less volume of fluff you'll have at the end.

I usually freeze it for at least 2 hours and it's friggin awesome.

KoolDrew
06-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Last time I tried this I used the recipe from Martins site and it was TOO satiating. I don't think I even finished the whole thing. I can see why Martin likes it.

zewski
06-09-2011, 09:34 AM
I also add either cinnamon or unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/3 cup gandular spenda. However, the more additives like this you add the less volume of fluff you'll have at the end.

is this when added only prior to fluffing?

Also, i forgot to mention that it was about 100 degrees in jersey yesterday and my house doesn't have air conditioning so the berries prob melted by the time it hit the freezer, explaining the soupiness.

Gillette1
06-10-2011, 06:13 AM
is this when added only prior to fluffing?

Also, i forgot to mention that it was about 100 degrees in jersey yesterday and my house doesn't have air conditioning so the berries prob melted by the time it hit the freezer, explaining the soupiness.

Good catch. I didn't add that part. Add it after the fluffing. I've found that adding anything until you reach stiff peaks on the fluff makes it not fluff nealry as well and sometimes not at all.

zewski
06-10-2011, 11:29 AM
nice that's a good point, I actually remember my prof. mentioning how non-nutritive sweeteners actually have some type of reaction when used in cooking (thought it was only when being heated though, but than again i didn't pay much attention:p)

Also i tried using an all casein fluff and it worked much better this time around. Thanks for the tips!

Anyone have pics of their fluff success/failures to have an idea of how it should look? I've seen the pics on leangains, but im not about to drop $100 on a blender to use solely on fluff, so some other pics would be nice.

Uziel
06-10-2011, 12:36 PM
nice that's a good point, I actually remember my prof. mentioning how non-nutritive sweeteners actually have some type of reaction when used in cooking (thought it was only when being heated though, but than again i didn't pay much attention:p)

Also i tried using an all casein fluff and it worked much better this time around. Thanks for the tips!

Anyone have pics of their fluff success/failures to have an idea of how it should look? I've seen the pics on leangains, but im not about to drop $100 on a blender to use solely on fluff, so some other pics would be nice.
40g ON Double Rich Chocolate Caesin, 200g frozen strawberries, 2oz almond milk

http://i.imgur.com/ZQuXrl.jpg (http://imgur.com/ZQuXr)

dipdap
06-10-2011, 10:04 PM
I put a jar of jam and a banana in mine and got the post workout 200 grams of carbo-whey recommended for UD2.

If you have a problem making it grow, i found putting an ice pack under the container you mix it into helps, like with whipping cream. This if you use a hand-held mixer, if you use a standalone thing you should put the container and beaters in the fridge before for a while.

zewski
06-11-2011, 12:04 AM
If you have a problem making it grow, i found putting an ice pack under the container you mix it into helps, like with whipping cream. This if you use a hand-held mixer, if you use a standalone thing you should put the container and beaters in the fridge before for a while.

This is to help keep it cold im assuming? or is there some other voodoo involved that im unaware of?

zewski
06-11-2011, 12:05 AM
@Uziel, looks good! how big is the bowl? just to get an idea of the volume

Uziel
06-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Um, I guess that bowl would hold a few cups of popcorn? Pretty big. It usually takes tons of food to fill me up and this does a great job at 200 calories.

dipdap
06-11-2011, 01:58 PM
This is to help keep it cold im assuming? or is there some other voodoo involved that im unaware of?

Something about avoiding making butter.
crucial that the fat remains partially crystallized to prevent the coalescence of the total cells in a single mass, and therefore it is necessary to operate at low temperature. Sauce (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbressanini-lescienze.blogautore.espresso.repubblica.it%2F2008 %2F05%2F29%2Fle-ricette-scientifiche-la-panna-montata%2F&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8)

cubby2112
06-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Anyone know if beaten egg whites are made easier to digest? I know pasteurized egg whites in and of themselves are not easier, but I'm wondering if the process of whipping the whites changes the protein structure as to not give horrible gas/digestion issues?

zewski
06-12-2011, 08:15 PM
today i made some bangin banana protein ice cream

one medium banana (136g)
40g casein (i used cytosport)
2 tbsp skim milk
*I also froze the banana before doing this

slice up the banana and blend it (i used a hand mixer) with the milk until its basically a paste. then just add in the casein and whip it up! Throw it in the freezer if you want it to get a little thicker

it doesn't fluff up much but it turns into a delicious ice cream/frosting type texture. it was great! :D

Vali
06-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Can we use a blender to fluff this up? or must it be a mixer (hand held or the big one?)

I want to make this, but need to buy the blender/mixer, and since I hate having a ton of useless crap I never use in the chicken, thinking of buying the "Ninja Master Prep Pro Food & Drink Maker" (similar but bigger than the magic bullet).

Question is, will it fluff with this thing?

ptnguyen71
06-17-2011, 07:29 AM
I'm usually a little short on protein requm'ts at the end of the day and add one egg white per scoop of casein with some crushed ice and water - whips up perfectly every time.

easyrhino
06-17-2011, 11:58 AM
i was wondering about egg whites in there, since meringue is pretty much just whipped egg whites.

Although once I had some meringue starting to go pretty well, added some whey, and it totally collapsed.

Gillette1
06-17-2011, 01:14 PM
i was wondering about egg whites in there, since meringue is pretty much just whipped egg whites.

Although once I had some meringue starting to go pretty well, added some whey, and it totally collapsed.

The egg whites in cartons generally "fluff/whip" waker than egg whites that you separate yourself becasue they've been pasturized. Most white packages will advise against using them for meringues for that reason. Xanthan gum is usually them best way to get around this issue.

zewski
06-18-2011, 02:46 AM
http://proteinfluff.com/index.php

Vali
06-18-2011, 08:29 AM
http://proteinfluff.com/index.php

Update your Nutrition section for Strawberry egg white fluf :D

zewski
06-18-2011, 01:38 PM
haha the site's not mine

just found it when i googled protein fluff (cause im cool like that:cool:)

but there's a contact page that you can probably find his email on or something.

Fivetissimo
06-23-2011, 04:03 PM
So I made my first fluff today. Wow. It's the first time I've actually enjoyed consuming protein powder.

I made it with 1 scoop of vanilla ON Casein and 1.5 scoops of water and beat for about 5 minutes. It tasted pretty good at that point and didn't seem to need any sweetener, but I happened to have some plain nonfat Greek (Fage brand) yogurt in the fridge, so I added a tablespoon or so and beat it in for another minute, and now it tasted much better. The yogurt added a nice tang and seemed to help mask the artificial flavor. It reminded me of cheesecake.

Plopped a few fresh blueberries on top, and I was very happy.

zewski
06-23-2011, 06:42 PM
saw a vid of someone spreading their fluff on a plate and then mic'ing it to make it a warm delicious concoction. Trying it tonight! :D

Vali
06-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Any ideas on how to stabilize it? As in after I make it, eat half and put the rest in the fridge, when I take it out again it's more of a soup.

Also tried making something like an angel cake from it (no sugar or flower), it grew in the oven the first 15 min and then went puff...

Professor Chaos
07-09-2011, 02:26 PM
One other thing with protein fluff is to have a diet pop/soda along with the fluff. I maintain below my setpoint only utilizing EC most of the time (although I'm going to give bromo a try here whenever it arrives) and lemme tell you what, the thought of food after 2 scoops of casein fluff and a diet mountain dew is about the 100% opposite of appealing.

FutureisNow
08-13-2011, 08:53 AM
So I made my first fluff today. Wow. It's the first time I've actually enjoyed consuming protein powder.

I made it with 1 scoop of vanilla ON Casein and 1.5 scoops of water and beat for about 5 minutes. It tasted pretty good at that point and didn't seem to need any sweetener, but I happened to have some plain nonfat Greek (Fage brand) yogurt in the fridge, so I added a tablespoon or so and beat it in for another minute, and now it tasted much better. The yogurt added a nice tang and seemed to help mask the artificial flavor. It reminded me of cheesecake.

Plopped a few fresh blueberries on top, and I was very happy.

I've also mixed a variety of whey powders with yogurt, and they all blended excptionally within a minute. The smooth mixtured fluffed up tasted great! Haven't tried it frozen or with fat-free yogurt yet though.

Uziel
08-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Any ideas on how to stabilize it? As in after I make it, eat half and put the rest in the fridge, when I take it out again it's more of a soup.

Also tried making something like an angel cake from it (no sugar or flower), it grew in the oven the first 15 min and then went puff...
Gelatin can help stabilize it.

sethreidnz
08-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah I don't have any casein so i use cottage cheese frozen berries and sugar free jello and refrigerate. It must be the gelatin that makes it stay all fluffy for good because i usually make it earlier in the day and have it for dessert. Not sure what real protein fluff turns out like but mine turns out like a fruit sponge. It's awesome!

cubby2112
08-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah I don't have any casein so i use cottage cheese frozen berries and sugar free jello and refrigerate. It must be the gelatin that makes it stay all fluffy for good because i usually make it earlier in the day and have it for dessert. Not sure what real protein fluff turns out like but mine turns out like a fruit sponge. It's awesome!

So do you just combine this all with a hand/stand-up mixer, or do you use a blender?

sethreidnz
08-14-2011, 07:41 PM
My exact recipe is:
1tsp vanilla essence, 1 tsp Cinnamon, 1tsp nutmeg (all optional by why not) and a 250g low fat cottage cheese
Mix all that together with a hand mixer,
Make up the jelly mixture separately (I use weight watchers sugar free just because that's what i can get which uses 500ml water i found orange so far is the best).
Then add the jelly to the cottage cheese mix and add 100g of frozen berries (only tried it with boysenberries so far because that's all i can get in the winter) then hand mix it again. It starts to fluff up and I just keep going until it doesn't fluff up any more and then chuck it in the fridge.
Tastes pretty good and is only like 250cals or so.

CdninKorea
08-29-2011, 09:47 PM
I use an egg beater, and I find it helps to put the protein and chocolate powder in a dry metal bowl along with the egg beaters in the freezer for a few hours beforehand.

If anyone is interested, here's how I make it:

120g unflavoured casein protein (it's cheaper)
12 oz. milk (I usually use whole milk, but if I'm dieting hard 12 oz. of water)
40g cocoa powder (if I'm not dieting hard, I use hot chocolate mix)
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
Pinch of cinnamon

breunor
08-30-2011, 09:02 AM
I'll have to try this some time, we recently got a vitamix blender. Have to figure out the proper mix speed though, as putting it on higher is actually how you can cook soups in the blender! :eek: Maybe the highest speed would whip it up faster? We've used it to make some thick stuff like ice cream, using frozen fruit, a little ice, and a cup of milk. Whipped for 1 minute and you can hold the jar upside down without it moving, it's thick. So hopefully that'll work for protein whips like this.

Pats
09-24-2011, 10:45 AM
So I have been trying for 2 days to get a fluff without fruit/milk and it didn't work. There was an increase in volume but no where near what was described.

Today I tried it with a chopped frozen banana (~100g), 50 ml milk and 1 scoop of MPI, it fluffed after only 2 minutes of blending, I was so excited!

I used a cheap hand blender if anyone was wondering.

I was amazed at how much the meal was satiating!

Dexter3000
01-08-2012, 08:45 AM
With ON casein I never managed to get it done. Different brands of whey also have different rates of success in my experience.

However, what always works for me:
- 40g whey
- 200g frozen strawberries (nuked for 60 seconds, then mashed)
- 100ml (3.5oz) skim milk

I put it all in a measuring cup where it fills up to 200 ml. After not more than just 2-3 minutes electric mixing it fills up all the way to the top of the cup, which is about 1 liter (34oz) of delicious fluff. It feels like eating a horse, only it's just 275 calories.

Lifesaver for when you're cutting!

rthomas268
01-19-2012, 10:49 AM
I do something similar -

Sprinkle 1/2 cup frozen berries with 1-2 pkts of artificial sweetener and microwave for 1 minute to make syrup.

With Braun hand mixer with whip attachment, whip 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt with 1 scoop Pure Protein (chocolate or vanilla) powder. I whip it in a high sided container and use the container as my serving dish.

Srir in the berries and syrup, eat.

I have this after supper and adjustment the amount of protein for what I need to top of the day.

I also use this as my twice a week free meal on RFL.

Barbara

Stapedius
03-14-2012, 10:58 PM
For my money and tastebuds, nothing beats the macros and simplicity of Greek Yogurt + Protein Powder of choice. No blender necessary.

Usually around 300 cals, 40 grams protein, 20 grams carbs, and 5 grams fat. All depending on the protein powder and whether 0%/2%/full GY.

pohc
02-20-2013, 01:58 AM
just made this and it's awesome:

100ml of strong coffee, frozen and crushed
100ml of 1% milk
1 scoop of ON vanilla casein
1/2 tsp of guar gum
1 packet splenda

mix the first three in a mixer bowl with a spoon
start mixing
while it's mixing add the guar gum and splenda

about 1-2 mins on high speed and it becomes really thick and solid.
enjoy!

(keep in mind, this is so delicious it doesn't possess the awesome appetite blunting ability of plain vanilla fluff :))

forsaken3400
02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Egg whites, Crystal Light (flavouring), drop of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice

BLEND. LOWEST CALORIE SNACK. win for ud2.0

rhwbullhead
02-25-2013, 04:37 AM
With ON casein I never managed to get it done. Different brands of whey also have different rates of success in my experience.

However, what always works for me:
- 40g whey
- 200g frozen strawberries (nuked for 60 seconds, then mashed)
- 100ml (3.5oz) skim milk

I put it all in a measuring cup where it fills up to 200 ml. After not more than just 2-3 minutes electric mixing it fills up all the way to the top of the cup, which is about 1 liter (34oz) of delicious fluff. It feels like eating a horse, only it's just 275 calories.

Lifesaver for when you're cutting!

I'm still experimenting with getting this fluff to work. I failed twice, but the resulting berry + unflavored TP casein tasted good regardless of the lack of fluff. On my third tried, I used the above with my cheap hand held blender and TN Micellular Casein and I guess it worked as what I made increased in size.

From the comments on Martin's site, I found this a few days ago:

PullRight said...
Protein Trifle:

1 sachet of sugar free jelly (any flavour) left in fridge overnight to set = 8 cals.
In morning cover set jelly in protein pudding (2 scoops of powder to 1 scoop milk) Leave in fridge, go to work.
Squirt cream on top and sugar free maple syrup.
This thing weighs a kilo and the calories come in at 300 with 35g protein and 2g carbs. An absolute monster of a desert with low calories.
end quote

That's been working great for me. I've eaten it 3 days in a row. I think it's because I like sweet stuff and I don't mind the artificial taste of sugar alcohols and whatever they use in sugar free, low cal jello. I make two packes of Great Value Jello, (40-80 calories depending on flavor), 2 scoops of Trueprotein US Milk Protein (like 230 calores), and .25-1 cup sugar free syrup which is 80-100 calories. It takes me awhile to eat it, which helps me feel satiated, and I feel like I'm indulging in some high calorie dessert. Seriously, I at this pizza buffet the other day, and had a chocolate chip cookie there, and some personal sized apple pie tart, and I would rather eat this creation than those regular recipe desserts.

Again, keep in mind, I like super sweet tasting stuff even if it has what some would call and "artificial" taste.

On a sidenote: I fell in love with sugar free syrup about this time. I've put it on brussel sprouts and sardines.

skywalkr
07-02-2015, 09:13 AM
Old thread but I just came up with a pretty solid protein fluff recipe after trying and failing a few times.

20g ON Casein
75g Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
3g Xanthan Gum
6oz Almond Milk
Waldens Farm Chocolate Syrup to taste

I only whipped it up for about 5 minutes and it was plenty thick. I think I will probably lower the greek yogurt and increase the almond milk a bit and add in some berries.

Payton1221
03-23-2016, 01:49 PM
I eat this most nights. My recipe is:

50g of primarily casein (it's an "8-hour" release product I buy @ Walmart)
10g of sugar-free/fat-free vanilla pudding
120g of milk (whole, skim, soy, whatever)
Splenda to taste
Three "pumps" of my sugar-free vanilla (coffee) syrup
Two crushed banana-flavored "double" popsicles

This makes a HUGE bowl and is delicious by itself, but I'll often crush ~100 calories of almonds and add it too. Of course, you could add just about anything: crushed chocolate bars, dry cereal, etc.

bundy16
07-26-2016, 08:32 PM

Hey

Just found this thread and I am looking for a good option for protein so was happy to find this... I am interested in the protein powder, and what is casein? sounds a good option , do you know of any others? thanks!

ketocarol
10-12-2016, 06:47 PM
I eat this most nights. My recipe is:

50g of primarily casein (it's an "8-hour" release product I buy @ Walmart)
10g of sugar-free/fat-free vanilla pudding
120g of milk (whole, skim, soy, whatever)
Splenda to taste
Three "pumps" of my sugar-free vanilla (coffee) syrup
Two crushed banana-flavored "double" popsicles

This makes a HUGE bowl and is delicious by itself, but I'll often crush ~100 calories of almonds and add it too. Of course, you could add just about anything: crushed chocolate bars, dry cereal, etc.

Thanks for the idea! :)