PDA

View Full Version : Ephedrine + Caffeine - Calories burned per Hour?

DavidG
03-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi Lyle,

I'm going to start taking EC at a dose of 25/200 E/C, 3 times per day.

At this amount of 75/600 total each day, how many calories are being burned each hour, or day approx? And of those calories burned, how much of it do you think is coming from fat storage?

Thx,
DavidG

lylemcd
03-21-2008, 06:22 PM
as I recall, the boost in metabolic rate is something like 5% over baseline

it's not huge but adds up over time.

most of it is from fat

DavidG
03-21-2008, 06:59 PM
as I recall, the boost in metabolic rate is something like 5% over baseline

it's not huge but adds up over time.

most of it is from fat

Wow, that's fast. Lyle I'm new to all this but in general do you think that hard-gainers have a metabolism that is above baseline?

My metabolism is below baseline, so I think I understand the greater benefit of EC on metabolism alone. But depending on how far below my baseline metabolism is, can the effects of EC be potentially even greater than someone close to baseline? For example, in the event of someone who has a metabolism that is 20% below baseline such that a huge increase in calories burned, occurs?

lylemcd
03-21-2008, 07:13 PM
in generla, resting metabolic rat doesn't vary taht massively at a given weight, it's maybe +-15% from the loest to highest

what does vary is a component called NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) and a lot of naturall ylean folks tend to drastically increase NEAT when they overfeed, hence calories get lost as heat

early studies on the EC stack found that it could actually fix a metabolic defect in obese individuals (nervous system output being one of the major parts of metabolic rate).

hope that helps

DavidG
03-21-2008, 07:24 PM
in generla, resting metabolic rat doesn't vary taht massively at a given weight, it's maybe +-15% from the loest to highest

what does vary is a component called NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) and a lot of naturall ylean folks tend to drastically increase NEAT when they overfeed, hence calories get lost as heat

early studies on the EC stack found that it could actually fix a metabolic defect in obese individuals (nervous system output being one of the major parts of metabolic rate).

hope that helps

It helps great, thank you! I'm going to start taking it on Monday and hopefully it won't mess up my sleeping too much if I can take the last dose 6-7 hours before bed.

antidano
03-22-2008, 08:57 PM
i couldn't recommend EC more ... it is simple one of the best things for people that are naturally a bit lethargic with tendencies to be fat ... this is the real world translation of what lyle calls a metabolic defect

BUT ... i recommend starting out with only one dose per day and then reatcheting up from there ... perhaps a week at a time, so:

week 1: am only
week 2: am and 6 hours later
week 3: upon waking, 4-5 hours later, and 4-5 hours after that

these are just suggestions that you will need to alter based upon your sensitivity ... good luck

godzillaballs
03-23-2008, 12:49 AM
First time I took ephedrine, I went straight to 75mg per day with 250mg of caffiene at each dosing and felt not a damn thing at all. That was a few years ago. Last summer, I popped an ephedrine pill and felt like I was going completely insane. Strange how the effects were so drastically different using the same box of ephedrine.

DavidG
03-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.

The only thing that worries me is lack of sleep . If I do not get enough sleep, I start not waking up early enough to start my day. My gym routine will be in the mornings so I got to watch out for that. I think I'll start off with 25mg Ephedrine each day for the first week and then build up from there.

I was talking to a friend of mine who said that he took Ephedrine for 5 years until he urinated blood but he was speaking figuratively. But he said that it works and that's good news to hear!

lylemcd
03-23-2008, 04:21 PM
a. start with a low dose earlier in the day and work up
b. make sure your last dose is at least 4 hours before bedtime, longer may be better. assume 4pm for a final dose, you *should* be fine for 9-10 pm bedtime

but tehre is variacne in this, some people get hit harder by it than others. if so, dro the evening dose

gujdek
04-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Hey lyle, in your book you mention Aspirin with 20mg ephidrine/200mg caffeine, what is the latest science on Aspirin being added to EC? Does it help or what?
Also (sry for posting in here), will The protein book and the stubborn fat solution ever be in e-book? I'm from slovenia and i am worried that the postal service in my country would put a lot of tax on it.

lylemcd
04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
old book maybe

the studies only showed that aspirin had any additional benefit for the obese. even there it's small and I am concerned about someone taking 300 mg apsirin 3X/day. good way to burn a hole in your stomach and there is no indication tat smaller doses will be effective. for now, I'd say drop it

protein and stubborn fat will never be e-books

gujdek
04-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Thank you very much with that information.

Lactic
08-13-2008, 02:04 AM
Lyle, what do you think about using Caffiene and possibly ephedrine while bulking? posts 27 and 29 of http://bodyrecomposition.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33817&page=2 said it could help.

lylemcd
08-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I think negative effects on insulin sensitivity might make it a poor idea