PDA

View Full Version : iso extreme

phcy
10-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi Lyle and at all :)

What do you think about iso extreme in the contest of a general hipertrophy or strenght training?

Overkill
10-05-2010, 12:26 PM
No one has every supplement ever made memorized by name. It helps drastically if you include a link or at least some sort of description/ingredient listing in your post.

But beyond that criticism. It's just another protein drink. Nothing magical.

phcy
10-05-2010, 01:59 PM
It's not a supplement :D!
It's a kind of training specific for the sports, not for bb/hipertrophy

From the "creator" Frank “Jay” Schroeder
Q: Quick question, how is iso extreme mastery determined? In other words what has to be accomplished before the athlete moves into more advanced training methods?

A: The first item to consider is that the use of Iso Extreme Protocols is advanced training. One must perform within all of the performance guidelines each and every exercise as per the schedule, properly for the 5 minute period, without breaks or any altering of position including but not limited to eyes, head, feet, hands etc. This must be accomplished for 20 – 40 sessions in a row, depending on the time one needs to maintain the adaptation for. Also, during this period, one must be able to display what has been learned in more complex exercises [we must see that this adaptation transfers to a different task or skill]. Further one must display the release of solid waste appropriately [after each meal or snack, without odor, proper texture etc.] and no compensation patterns when performing general movements such as but not limited to walking, sitting, standing. If any of these requirements are not met it is determined that mastery has not occurred.

Q: Could you expain well “The seven deadly exercises”? In the sport forums there is great confusion about which are the real positions of Jay Schroeder and the correct position to take…….. So if I understand well are your Extreme Isos not like the EQIs (Eccentric Quasi-Isometric) of Tony Schwartz??

A: No, EQIs are more like Pavel’s STIs. In my iso extremes one is pulling into position the complete time of performance. It is not a resisting of the load. The seven positions are:
iso extreme preacher curl
iso extreme pushup
iso extreme scapular pullup
iso extreme front lunge
iso extreme 1 legged squat
iso extreme glute ham
iso extreme supported squat

example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J6lV0xhaMU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqVU48DjAgs

Overkill
10-05-2010, 02:02 PM
:) Exactly why you should make your posts more descriptive!

When I googled iso extreme it immediately came up with whey protein powder (which was what I expected).

I'm not familiar with the training protocol. I'll look at it in a bit.

Overkill
10-05-2010, 02:21 PM
It looks like a bunch of gimmicky stuff and the fact that they use the word extreme to describe everything doesn't help with that.

What I looked at briefly might be useful in a context of rehabbing certain injuries or maybe has prehab/warm up stuff in low volumes. I certainly wouldn't dedicate much time to it thinking that it would make an advanced athlete stronger or bigger.

APreda
10-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Ive worked with Jay. I didn't see any improvement in my sport (swimming) and neither did my teammates, and we eventually stopped going.

Onefiver
10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Ive worked with Jay. I didn't see any improvement in my sport (swimming) and neither did my teammates, and we eventually stopped going.

But he made Adam Archuletta, a white DB, into a first round NFL draft pick!!!!!!!!111111111 :p

APreda
10-05-2010, 03:35 PM
But he made Adam Archuletta, a white DB, into a first round NFL draft pick!!!!!!!!111111111 :p
Adam Archuleta was just a guy with a great combine/pro day but didnt amount to much in the NFL. He had 2 good years and then got a fat contract then fell off the map completely. I've met with Jay plenty of times and he never once mentioned Adam, and neither did any of the trainers that were part of Ultra Fit/Evo. Someone told me that he and Adam had a fallout and they don't communicate anymore.

Champalex
10-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi Lyle and at all :)

What do you think about iso extreme in the contest of a general hipertrophy or strenght training?

I incorporate a form of iso into my routine

after my last set of each exercise i hold the weight halfway in the range of motion for 10 seconds, biggest burn ever, increasing fiber activation.

Onefiver
10-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Adam Archuleta was just a guy with a great combine/pro day but didnt amount to much in the NFL. He had 2 good years and then got a fat contract then fell off the map completely. I've met with Jay plenty of times and he never once mentioned Adam, and neither did any of the trainers that were part of Ultra Fit/Evo. Someone told me that he and Adam had a fallout and they don't communicate anymore.

I know. The buzz on Jay, his methods, etc. was off the charts when Archuleta first got to the NFL. All that chatter kind of disappeared when he couldn't hold his own in pass coverage.

APreda
10-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I know. The buzz on Jay, his methods, etc. was off the charts when Archuleta first got to the NFL. All that chatter kind of disappeared when he couldn't hold his own in pass coverage.
Yeah I know there was a special on espn and a DVD or something that came out as well. At the time when I was training under the UltraFit brand I didnt know any better. I did learn some things (only because that was the first time I worked out anywhere but a pool) but I didn't really improve and when better swimmers left I simply followed suit.

Looking back, he has some unconventional methods that may work but I think you have to be world class to begin with in order to actually benefit from what he offers. For example, he really hypes up the ARP (or EMS), based on what I read it doesn't help to the extent that Jay said it did. Thats my two cents.

I hated isos with a passion, but after doing them so much (since they were so emphasized) I could hold a squat or lunge or scapular pullup till kingdom come. Did they help me in swimming? not really. I can't speak for anything other than that.