BodyRecomposition Support Forums

BodyRecomposition Support Forums (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//index.php)
-   Applied Nutrition for Mixed Sports (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Question regarding mixed sports weight loss (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//showthread.php?t=32403)

Crevok 10-04-2016 08:25 PM

Question regarding mixed sports weight loss

Hi Lyle,

1) If one is having to drop weight quickly but I have to continue with the intense training sessions (x4 taekwondo per week), what is the max deficit I can make?

I was thinking of doing RFL but I need the carbs to keep performance up...

Thanks

lylemcdonald 10-05-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crevok (Post 296226)
Hi Lyle,

1) If one is having to drop weight quickly but I have to continue with the intense training sessions (x4 taekwondo per week), what is the max deficit I can make?

I was thinking of doing RFL but I need the carbs to keep performance up...

Thanks

Don't do RFL

Crevok 10-05-2016 08:19 AM

I know that's why Im asking how to eat

Crevok 10-05-2016 08:32 AM

I quote you "If you want to do lots of and/or high intensity cardio, pick a more moderate deficit. Or hell, no dietary deficit at all. If your'e well trained and can do a lot and/or a high intensity of activity, you may only need activity to generate a deficit big enough for good fat loss"

So can I generate the same deficit via acitivity as someone doing rfl but eating more instead?

farrenator 10-05-2016 01:51 PM

I have created large deficits through a combination of less food and a lot of exercise. Exercise performance definitely suffers. So if performance is important, I suggest a smaller total deficit. Fat loss is slower but performance doesn't suffer as much.

Crevok 10-05-2016 07:29 PM

Hmm...

JamesVor 04-17-2017 04:21 AM

Question regarding mixed sports weight loss

Hi,
There are many tips on how to lose weight quickly in easy ways. In fact your tips will make lose weight naturally. Early walking is the best way which helps also helps for weight loss, because this is safest as well as cost-free exercise.

katriss 08-04-2017 01:29 AM

I've had a friend face a similar problem. He was doing lots of high intensity martial arts training, both at class and and home, and wanted to diet down a few pounds without suffering performancewise.

Firstly let me tell you what his teacher told him: there's an advantage in coming to class fatigued. you have to learn to rely more on technique and less on your strength, which is really a big point in all martial arts. so you may want to consider it an advantage to have a period inwhich performance suffers.

Secondly, the way he ended up doing it was somewhat extreme. he chose 1 day a week and ate absolutely nothing in that day. a day of complete fast except water and maybe coffee. nothing, not even a salad. rest of the week he kept eating as much as he liked. worked really well actually.