BodyRecomposition Support Forums

BodyRecomposition Support Forums (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//index.php)
-   Articles on the Main Site (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Introduction to Dieting Part 1 (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//showthread.php?t=32671)

lylemcdonald 01-05-2017 11:52 AM

Introduction to Dieting Part 1

Main site

holly70 01-06-2017 08:36 AM

Nice.

I've been having coffee and grapefruit everyday for awhile now. But it is only because coffee is life, and grapefruit is delicious and in season.

Found a couple of spots where maybe a word is missing/extra?

Quote:

People start to miss the foods that are off-limits and, as frequently as not, making a food off limits makes people want it that more.
Quote:

Quite in fact, people frequently justify eating more of the diet approved foods.
I make more dumb typos than ever myself; blaming age for that, or maybe mom brain. The ones that bug me the most are when I get the wrong word choice....your for you're kind of thing. Because I know better, so what the heck?

And you don't have long to fix them around here, so I spotted plain instead of plane way after the fact and I still think of is sometimes. :rolleyes:

lylemcdonald 01-06-2017 09:33 AM

If you're not going to show me what corrections you think should be made, don't waste my time.

holly70 01-06-2017 03:14 PM

Sorry, thought they were apparent. Not trying to waste your time; just know that it can be hard to spot errors/discontinuity in your own writing because in your mind it is right.

Quote:

People start to miss the foods that are off-limits and, as frequently as not, making a food off limits makes people want it that more.
Would add "much"...want it that much more; or drop "that"...want it more.

Quote:

Quite in fact, people frequently justify eating more of the diet approved foods.
Would drop "Quite"...In fact people frequently justify eating more of the diet approved foods.

Or keep "Quite" but rework it...People quite often justify eating more of the diet approved foods.

zLeeKo 01-06-2017 03:31 PM

Print him that.

lylemcdonald 01-13-2017 02:16 PM

Part 2

Determinism 01-15-2017 05:29 AM

Great article. There's a clear distinction between a rigid (all or nothing) and a flexible approach. What about people who are somewhere in between?

Personally I'm very rigid towards the deficit part. If a deficit is required, I will go all-in. However, I'm very flexible towards the surplus part. If a surplus will happen (e.g. social event, cravings, whatever), I will make 'smart' choices and don't let it all go to hell.

Typos:

Quote:

At the same time, in the modern environment, the a majority of people[...]
Quote:

The distinction between the two is critical as rigid restraint (or rigid approaches to dieting) represent one of the single most damaging approaches[...]
Quote:

Individuals with rigid dietary eating attitudes tend to be tend to be heavier[...]