BodyRecomposition Support Forums

BodyRecomposition Support Forums (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//index.php)
-   General diet questions (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eating only on days you lift...extreme culking (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//showthread.php?t=35052)

manofsteel 08-16-2018 06:30 AM

Eating only on days you lift...extreme culking

For the past two weeks or so I have been eating nothing on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I drink water, coffee, and bouillon broth for some electrolytes. On Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday I eat between 300-500 above estimated maintenance (estimated maintenance is maybe 2700, I eat around 3000-3200). My eating days are also the days I lift (though I do usually eat on Sunday and take it off). But does this seem like a good way to maximize fat loss and muscle retention/growth?

I usually lift about 45 minutes after breaking the fast and I feel super strong. Like the weights seem lighter than they did a few weeks ago and I feel like I can bust out more reps. This could be placebo but I feel like my body feels more muscular. Is it possible that the potential increase in growth hormone from fasting, overall large weekly caloric deficit, and eating above maintenance on lifting days is burning fat and building muscle at the same time? Anyone have any thoughts on this approach?

w1cked 08-16-2018 08:45 AM

Seems suboptimal. You're growing on your rest days.

manofsteel 08-16-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w1cked (Post 311883)
Seems suboptimal. You're growing on your rest days.

Very well could be. I feel like it is one of those things I have can't really find any information on; not even anecdotal evidence really.

Really my main goal is weight loss so it seems like this is the best way to do it for me, but I guess I will see in the coming weeks.

Closest thing I can find is this article about lifting on a 5:2 diet (eat 5 days and fast 2 days) but on the fast days you are still eating 800 calories.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-lo...et-for-lifters

My version has 3 40-ish hour fasts a week. I guess n=1 and I will let you guys know how it goes.

w1cked 08-16-2018 12:31 PM

In that case it's fine for cutting purposes. But I dont think you'll see lbm gains.

lylemcdonald 08-16-2018 03:36 PM

So in the modern world has the goal become to see who can do the dumbest stuff dietarily. IF, ADF, OMAD, not eating at all

Stop being a jackass: this is moronic on every level and adaptation to training doesn't magically stop the next day.

mattymoose 08-18-2018 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylemcdonald (Post 311891)
So in the modern world has the goal become to see who can do the dumbest stuff dietarily. IF, ADF, OMAD, not eating at all

Stop being a jackass: this is moronic on every level and adaptation to training doesn't magically stop the next day.

So now IF is dumb?

thombrogan 08-20-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattymoose (Post 311917)
So now IF is dumb?

As a compliance strategy for a limited subset of orthorexics, it's brilliant.

How it's been oversold for over a decade is dumb.

lylemcdonald 08-20-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattymoose (Post 311917)
So now IF is dumb?

No but your illiteracy demonstrates that you are.

I was making a FREAKING point about the progression in 'how infrequently can we eat' to make teh OP realize he's being a jack I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.

I'll put you in his venn diagram.

lylemcdonald 08-20-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thombrogan (Post 311941)
As a compliance strategy for a limited subset of orthorexics, it's brilliant.

How it's been oversold for over a decade is dumb.

That's not what orthorexia represents in the least.

Salvatore 09-17-2018 04:30 PM

You would be better off with EOD refeeds. What's your reasoning for fasting completely on non training days?