BodyRecomposition Support Forums

BodyRecomposition Support Forums (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//index.php)
-   Supplements (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bromocriptine FAQ (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//showthread.php?t=3291)

lylemcd 05-19-2009 09:59 AM

Bromocriptine FAQ

Question: I read in the bromo book that you shouldn't use bromocriptine with ephedrine or another sympathomimetic, is this correct?

Answer:
Cincotta/Meier were looking specificlaly at the effect of bromo on insulin sensitivity and wrote that sympathomimetics (of which EC) is one blocked the effects.

I put that in the book without thinking about it too much.

However, EC is known to impair insulin sensitivity peripherally so the blockage makes sense.

This is different than the metabolic effects I was looking at. I did try contacting the researchers about this specific issue but they never emailed me back.

And folks who used bromo with EC reported that it worked fine. So it's not somehting to be concerned with so far as I'm concerned.

davidschlesinger 05-19-2009 10:15 AM

question on bromo with asthma inhaler and other meds

Hello Lyle,

It looks like this bromo faq is brand new? It appears to answer the question I had which was whether I could take bromo with my xopenex asthma inhaler, which I believe is a sympathomimetic. So based upon this, it appears that the answer is yes - just want to confirm.

Also, diagnosed as borderline diabetic, and am on metformin, also taking armour thyroid after radioactive iodine treatment for hyperthyroidism in 94.
Would there be any contraindications for bromo with these two meds?
Metformin initially gave me digestive symptoms, but fine now. I thought that the additive effects of metformin digestive symptoms and bromo possible digestive side effects might give me problems, but so far, I feel fine on the bromo, which I have been taking for a few days now. Also, I know that
bromo will lower Blood glucose, but so far, not going too low. (although bg was 62 after 1 hour of riding bike the other day - but that is normal for me - just eat some nuts and raisins and i'm good)

Thanks very much,

David Schlesinger

jereed 08-05-2009 05:01 PM

reliable source of bromocriptine

Hello Lyle:

Can you or anyone suggest a reliable overseas source of bromocriptine?

Thanks -

Myles.Buckley 08-05-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jereed (Post 50028)
Hello Lyle:

Can you or anyone suggest a reliable overseas source of bromocriptine?

Thanks -

I've used antiaging-systems in the past - very reliable.

jereed 08-06-2009 08:00 AM

Thanks for pointing me to the anti-aging website. Lots of good stuff there.

Janet Reed

ali123 11-18-2009 04:06 PM

hi

hey lyle im 12% bodyfat 169 ibs 6feet currently eating 800 calories aprox 120 grams protein and 40 grams carbs max do i need to increase my carbs and how much i need to eat when taking bromocritine i do weight trainig 4 times a week 1 hour and cardio 3 timess 20mins help needed plzzz:)

Myles.Buckley 11-18-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali123 (Post 66493)
hey lyle im 12% bodyfat 169 ibs 6feet currently eating 800 calories aprox 120 grams protein and 40 grams carbs max do i need to increase my carbs and how much i need to eat when taking bromocritine i do weight trainig 4 times a week 1 hour and cardio 3 timess 20mins help needed plzzz:)

Will you need to? possibly. If you get hypoglycemia then yes you will.

If so then you will need to add 'just' enough CHO's to prevent hypoglycemia.

The minimum amount can only be discovered by trial and error.

ali123 11-19-2009 05:23 PM

thanks

thanks buddy btw what do u think how many carbs should be safe??i mean how many grams

ali123 11-19-2009 05:30 PM

Reason

IM AFRAID CUZ IN THE BOOK LYLE SAID "want to mention this potential side-effect due to the popularity of low-carbohydrate diets, which tend to lower blood glucose slightly as well. If you’re using a low-carb diet or are involved in heavy exercise (which tends to improve insulin sensitivity and lower blood glucose concentrations) you need to be aware of the possibility of a hypoglycemic reaction if you choose to use bromocriptine.
Crashing blood glucose can cause dizziness, nausea and sweats at the least, and unconsciousness or coma in extreme circumstances." THE LAST SENTENC IS REALLY SCARY :confused:

Myles.Buckley 11-19-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali123 (Post 66684)
thanks buddy btw what do u think how many carbs should be safe??i mean how many grams

no idea - as I posted above, it's trial and error.
start with small amounts - if you need more, add more.