BodyRecomposition Support Forums

BodyRecomposition Support Forums (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//index.php)
-   The Protein Book (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Body Fortress Advanced Whey @ Walmart (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//showthread.php?t=1603)

blender02 11-17-2008 11:18 AM

Body Fortress Advanced Whey @ Walmart

Question: I have a bunch of MPI protein from Trueprotein.com but needed some whey in a hurry. I bought some Body Fortress @ walmart and have a couple of questions: 1) Is the price too good to be true? It was only 14 bucks for 2 lbs and for 52 grams of protein a serving (2 scoops), on 4 gcarbs it looks pretty good. Also, it says in now has creatine in it. Any feedback? Good stuff? Bad stuff? Or, is protein just protein and you pay for the marketing. Thanks.

AllGenetix 11-17-2008 11:23 AM

i used this over the summer and it was fine. wal-mart is cheap, they don't deal with the BS. protein is protein. hell i used bodytech vitamin shoppe protein which was like 20 bucks for 5lbs for about 6 months.

akwaman 11-17-2008 09:43 PM

It's effective stuff, but it tastes like ****.

KoolDrew 11-19-2008 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akwaman (Post 14636)
It's effective stuff, but it tastes like ****.

Yup. I used to buy it just because I was cheap, but that was before I really tried any other protein powders. There are a lot better tasting products out there.

blender02 11-19-2008 11:00 AM

Thanks for the input...Taste isn't a problem...I like the vanilla...I was just worried that I was buying crap and just wanted to make sure it was a good product....Besides, I always throw a little crystal light powder into my protein and it all tastle good....

RedBull 03-15-2010 07:01 AM

the only problem with Walmart Body fortress is it really is not that cheap. Its like $16bucks for a little half jug.

lylemcd 03-15-2010 07:05 AM

This is true of most commercially bought proteins. Unless you live in a foreign country and shipping is murderous, trueprotein will always be about half as expensive as anythign you buy at a storefront.

Jean Paulo 03-15-2010 08:49 AM

I still have some body fortress here at home and left untouched since I tried the muscle milk I buy from Cosco. I don't really like the crytalline after taste from Body fortress, I know it's the creatine but I prefer mixing my creatine with G2

Focus 03-15-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylemcd (Post 88122)
This is true of most commercially bought proteins. Unless you live in a foreign country and shipping is murderous, trueprotein will always be about half as expensive as anythign you buy at a storefront.

This.

Please don't support BS marketing.

easyrhino 03-15-2010 02:52 PM

I dunno, buying 2lbs of whey concentrate from trueprotein, in a jug, with shipping, and minus Lyle's 5% code, is like $17. So bodyfortress is economically compelling if you just want to buy a couple pounds (probably similar story for costco protein).

Trueprotein comes out ahead if you are buying more quantity, want higher quality stuff, want more exotic options, etc.

I enjoy the custom mix and flavoring options at TP too much to NOT use them.