BodyRecomposition Support Forums

BodyRecomposition Support Forums (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//index.php)
-   Articles on the Main Site (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Protein Amount and Post Workout Protein Synthesis Research Review (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//showthread.php?t=32214)

lylemcdonald 08-11-2016 12:30 PM

Protein Amount and Post Workout Protein Synthesis Research Review

Main site

jimjack 08-11-2016 03:44 PM

Would you expect to see the same increase if there was proper pre workout nutrition? Were the subjects in the study fasted while working out?

kc2010 08-11-2016 04:02 PM

On the fasted question....they did NOT train fasted. Says they were fed a "standardized" breakfast (mmmm, standardized), waited two hours, got the tracer infusion and other good stuff set up, waited another hour, then engaged in the workout. So they worked out ~3 hours after a meal.

lylemcdonald 08-11-2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimjack (Post 294393)
Would you expect to see the same increase if there was proper pre workout nutrition? Were the subjects in the study fasted while working out?

As stated clearly in the writeup, they were all fed a standardized meal 3 hours before.

Stef 08-14-2016 06:10 PM

Interesting... Hmmmm

BigPecsPeter 08-17-2016 07:45 AM

And there it is: finally, a scientific basis for why I dramatically outperformed most people I know in growing my pecs and biceps. It's so much easier to grow one part at a time. Next month I'm entering my transverse abdominis phase.

squat 08-17-2016 07:46 PM

What'd you do for pecs, Peter? I only ever benched. My bench is not great. I have big pecs. I could probably wear a bra, but I don't need the support. I want to need the support, y'know? So I should adjust my chest training. I could make other adjustments. I want to start wearing bras, though, yet they aren't popular right now, they could help my nipple appearance (or the lack thereof). Not that I am nipless, I experience hard nips, stress nips, soft nips, and stealth nips. I believe a mostly unstructured dome-like male bra cup structure could mitigate the seasons of nips; merge all nipular seasons into year-round excellence and give men a lot of confidence in their breasts. Maybe a moistening man bra, right? Cause we all know that wet nips are the best. Pointy. On a big pec, this could be very aesthetic. Every nipple is only as good as the point it's trying to make.

semipartial 08-18-2016 01:32 AM

@squat
If you try to make a joke, don't write a large block of text repeating the same 'joke' over and over again. Yawn.

BigPecsPeter 08-18-2016 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squat (Post 294597)
What'd you do for pecs, Peter? I only ever benched. My bench is not great. I have big pecs. I could probably wear a bra, but I don't need the support. I want to need the support, y'know? So I should adjust my chest training. I could make other adjustments. I want to start wearing bras, though, yet they aren't popular right now, they could help my nipple appearance (or the lack thereof). Not that I am nipless, I experience hard nips, stress nips, soft nips, and stealth nips. I believe a mostly unstructured dome-like male bra cup structure could mitigate the seasons of nips; merge all nipular seasons into year-round excellence and give men a lot of confidence in their breasts. Maybe a moistening man bra, right? Cause we all know that wet nips are the best. Pointy. On a big pec, this could be very aesthetic. Every nipple is only as good as the point it's trying to make.

^^^^ this is a bro that knows

farrenator 08-18-2016 07:31 AM

I beg to differ, that was hilarious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by semipartial (Post 294607)
@squat
If you try to make a joke, don't write a large block of text repeating the same 'joke' over and over again. Yawn.