BodyRecomposition Support Forums

BodyRecomposition Support Forums (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//index.php)
-   Articles on the Main Site (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Full Diet Break (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//showthread.php?t=3800)

lylemcd 06-30-2009 12:08 PM

The Full Diet Break

article on the main site

jigglypuffs 06-30-2009 12:28 PM

On breaks, do you recommend cessation of EC usage for that period as well?

lylemcd 06-30-2009 12:33 PM

I can go back and forth on that one and have no answer at this time.

Anti 06-30-2009 12:43 PM

Thanks for article. Just in time for my planned break this week.

On a side note, Im stopping my EC during the 2 weeks of maintenance. Main reason I guess is to just have a break from that, side reason is I timed my supply to run out right at that time anyway.

Myles.Buckley 06-30-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti (Post 43638)
Thanks for article. Just in time for my planned break this week.

On a side note, Im stopping my EC during the 2 weeks of maintenance. Main reason I guess is to just have a break from that, side reason is I timed my supply to run out right at that time anyway.

I never run out of EC - I buy ephedrine by the Kg.

Omn 06-30-2009 05:19 PM

I've always thought of it that way, in the sense of controlling your diet breaks. I'm very OCD during my maintenance days and breaks, in that I keep a running mental list of macros and calories I consume over the days. Or if I'm just at home, I write everything down.

When I was doing competitive distance running in HS (XC + Track), I saw a lot of the examples of deloading and full breaks incorporated as well (2 weeks of a break each season). Burnout was also commonly discussed: 70% of each season was dedicated to building the runner's base -- the last 6 weeks incorporated speed workouts (leading up to races). My former coach was also recently inducted into the coaching hall of fame in FL, for the number of state championship teams he coached over the years.

tayjeremy 06-30-2009 10:01 PM

As always, Lyle seems to produce things at the right time. As i'm about to go on a diet break, to maintenance

Sickbean 07-01-2009 03:31 AM

Great article. I think the problem for a lot of people (myself included in the past) is that they see a diet as punishing themselves for being fat, rather than something scientific and controlled to acheive a set goal.

Any deviation (such as a diet-break) in this case is seen by the dieter as the same sort of despicable weakness that got them fat in the first place.

The more people who can be taught that diet breaks are not weakness but acutally part of the program, the better.

Rodney 07-02-2009 12:10 PM

I have been using a cyclical diet for the last five weeks, consuming 4000 calories on workout days (three days/week) and 2000 calories (low-carb) on non-workout days. Would such a diet also require a break for optimal results?

lylemcd 07-02-2009 12:12 PM

It's a very good question and I don't have a very good answer at this point.

My feeling (read this as 'a gut hunch based on no actual research') is that cyclical diets (of any sort) do tend to at least 'slow' some of the metabolic adaptations. But I'm not sure that they eliminate them completely. What they might do is allow people to go a bit longer before taking a full break.

Do they eliminate the need (psych or physiological) for the break completely? Maybe....