BodyRecomposition Support Forums

BodyRecomposition Support Forums (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Discussion (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Males with High Levels of Visceral Fat -Was it Genes or Health Related? (http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//showthread.php?t=32590)

I_Dunno 12-07-2016 02:58 AM

Males with High Levels of Visceral Fat -Was it Genes or Health Related?

I was looking at potential causes and implications of the muffin to fat distribution in men. Has anyone here ever looked into their problem and figure out if it was just bad genetics or something else?

farrenator 12-07-2016 08:17 AM

It is beer and nacho related.

lylemcdonald 12-07-2016 09:00 AM

Men store fat viscerally for hormonal reasons if they get fat

BigPecsPeter 12-07-2016 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_Dunno (Post 298207)
I was looking at potential causes and implications of the muffin to fat distribution in men. Has anyone here ever looked into their problem and figure out if it was just bad genetics or something else?

I'm pretty sure it's the muffins

Voodoo 12-07-2016 08:27 PM

What's that song?... "Bad habits"

squat 12-07-2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_Dunno (Post 298207)
the muffin to fat distribution in men.

Well said

My vote is also muffins, in this case

hugsaredrugs 12-07-2016 09:12 PM

What does it mean if I have depressingly narrow shoulders and wide hips, and store a lot of fat in my hips and thighs?

Does it mean I should just pin test already?

What if I'm tall and have long legs too? Should I try to remove my extra X chromosome using some radical technology like Crispr cas-9 or whatever the kids are raving about these days (me being the kid...)?

Determinism 12-08-2016 01:28 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the question?

squat 12-08-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Determinism (Post 298235)

It's subject to your determination.

I_Dunno 12-08-2016 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Determinism (Post 298235)

Can't edit the question, but there were some typos.
Question was about the "muffin top" or "apple body fat distribution" which is associated with high levels of Cortisol and/or Estrogen.

I was wondering if anyone took supplements or got a doc to prescribe aromatase inhibitors. Exercising and losing fat didn't make much of a difference, gaining it back still all went to the same place. For me, when clothes covers my belly and I am at 17% BF I look like an anorexic twig. Trying to see if anyone else had this issue and managed it successfully. If the fat distribution can be attributed to the high levels of cortisol and Estrogen, it is worth looking into, regardless of body composition.

I have been looking into things like ashwaganda, DHEA (this raises estrogen though) and i3c. Although i3c and Dim aren't that convincing. Of course, all the supplements probably wouldn't do anything unless you lose the fat. I even took ashwaganda and i3c while the fat accumulation process took place, so who knows if that works

What sucks is that dieting would also increase cortisol levels. :(