View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethreidnz View Post
I see your point but all you've done is make me want to prove you wrong; In a non-confrontational way; In a thanks for the extra motivation sort of way. haha

I was mainly referring the internet and how things like pop-up adds and spam advertising have been shown to be loosing their effectiveness. I'd rather provide a website that creates discussion and traffic and all the information and products required to do a specific thing that you're product does which is practically free (discounting the time to write the articles) than pay facebook or some other website for tiny side bar adds no one (or at least judging by everyone I've ever asked about internet adds) even glances at.

Thanks for your input though. I am certain that in our case, considering you don't even know what I'm talking about selling or in what way, our model is going to work very very well. No doubt. I'll link you the website if you like when we are launched, succeed or fail.
I'm looking forward to it mate, thank you. My comments were more academic than anything. When young minded fellows embark upon great ventures in hopes of changing the world, I feel it right to at least offer a reasonable dose of reality.

An honest, straight forward business model can absolutely succeed, no doubt there. My only argument is that in no way will the principles of marketing ever change. Marketers tie their strategies to the deepest elements of the human psyche...insecurity, despair, hope, guilt, etc. I think that if one executes a business strategy well, they need not use those hideously exploitative techniques, but they will also have "left money on the table."

I wish the way of the world were different, but it never will be.