View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykertest View Post
I greatly appreciate the replies, it does help me figure this out. I do need to sit down and take the time to re-read the book and recalculate everything from scratch. It's odd that I stated in an earlier post that a grown man shouldn't be eating 1100 calories, implying that was far to little. Now I'm reading all the posts in the RFL forum. lol Fat loss is frustrating. I realize it's supposed to be a simple concept, and I'm sure if you take away my question oriented mind, it is, but it's not easy. I'll keep plugging away. Thanks to you and bigpecspeter for your assistance.
A lot of people still have that mentality, but you should go with whatever works for your goals and that you can stick to. Yeah, eating 1100 kcal with no end in sight would suck and I'm not sure that would be a life well lived. But if that only takes a relatively short time, it's manageable. Don't think what you "should" do based on some preconceived notions of what is acceptable in the fitness community.

That being said, I wouldn't do RFL if I were you. I'd just up the low-to-mid intensity cardio and eat more. For example, I'm currently eating 1800 kcal (like your original plan), doing 2 hours of cardio a day, not lifting, and losing about 2 - 2.5 lbs per week. If I did RFL with no cardio, I'd be losing at about the same rate, but the 900-1000 kcal intake difference is huge at this point.