View Single Post
Unread 05-13-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
A lot of people still have that mentality, but you should go with whatever works for your goals and that you can stick to. Yeah, eating 1100 kcal with no end in sight would suck and I'm not sure that would be a life well lived. But if that only takes a relatively short time, it's manageable. Don't think what you "should" do based on some preconceived notions of what is acceptable in the fitness community.

That being said, I wouldn't do RFL if I were you. I'd just up the low-to-mid intensity cardio and eat more. For example, I'm currently eating 1800 kcal (like your original plan), doing 2 hours of cardio a day, not lifting, and losing about 2 - 2.5 lbs per week. If I did RFL with no cardio, I'd be losing at about the same rate, but the 900-1000 kcal intake difference is huge at this point.
My schedule is quite full (75+ hours a week of work) so 2 hours a day of cardio is most likely not going to happen. I work out every third day at my job that has a gym but my diet is where I have the most freedom to work, and if I'm honest, where I need to focus my energies. I've never been a soda drinker or candy eater, breads and pasta own me. lol I notice my stomach feels better and I lose weight when I keep the carbs in check, but not so low that I'm doing Keto which messes me up digestively but thats for another thread.

The thing that concerns me about RFL is that both my jobs are physical in nature, sometimes, very physical. I don't see RFL being very kind to me when I'm trying to bust my butt. If I sat at a desk all day then maybe it would be a better fit, but I don't know what Lyle would suggest with regards to a physical job and RFL. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing.