View Single Post
Unread 05-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Default 39 F - 140s by 5/26

So I discovered RFL back in the fall of 2015 and made it about 2 weeks with not great compliance, starting at 167 and ending at 163. Was super impressed by the slight progress I saw when I really stuck to it -- but seriously did not have the discipline to stick with it. (original thread here:

Fast forward to today and I'm about 10 pounds lighter than I was when I stopped, not from any diet, just from keeping up my healthy workout habit (I lift and do cross training about 4 to 5 times a week) and generally trying to eat right. Things that haven't gone well: I still struggle with extreme anxiety, which mostly manifests itself at night. I've developed an evening drinking habit that's keeping the pounds packed on. I used to drink red wine but switched to beer and will have 2 or 3 a night. Not good. A friend of mine gave me some edible THC candies that worked wonders for me in the evening and made me not want to have a drink at all but they're not legal in my state and aren't something I can get my hands on regularly.

Anyway, I'm looking into hypnosis apps and I am in therapy but just throwing out the drinking as an issue I need to overcome and something that's absolutely contributing to me being overweight. I'm still way heavier at 156 pounds than I was before I went on anti-anxiety medication (which I'm off now, and very grateful for being off of). Before I went on them I was 146. I'm actually most comfortable at 140.

Psychologically, just being in the 140s would be huge. I have a wedding coming up over Memorial Day Weekend where I'll be seeing people I haven't seen in years. I'd love to get to 149 by then. I'm not sure what my plan is right now. Definitely not RFL, but I may do something like a steak + eggs (with greens) diet for 4 days and a cheat day on the 5th day, leading up till the 26th.

Even just waking up and logging my weight here, and journaling would probably be a step in the right direction.
Category: II
Workout: 3 times a week -- Lifting + cross training

Stats: Female, 39, 5'7
2018 Starting weight: 162.5
Goal by March 23rd: 139