View Single Post
Unread 07-20-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
Well, I definitely overestimated my willpower when it came to the refeed. Here were my macros:
1016g Carbs
81g Fat
300g Protein
6000 calories

I was aiming for the lower end of carbs for my LBM (around 900g) and under 50g fat, but I messed up on calculating the macros on a fruit pizza recipe I made, resulting in the excessive fat. I did intend to hit ~300g of protein in the hope that it would keep my satiated, but wow it was hard to stop eating even at over 2 lbs of carbohydrates. I had to squeeze the power workout in today instead of the plan I had to do it tomorrow. I'll adjust calories to maintenance -20% tomorrow before my trip in the hope of getting rid of some of the carb bloat.

Mathematically speaking, I should have lost close to 2 lbs of fat, assuming all fat lost on the way down and all fat gained with the surplus during the refeed. The partioning of the depletion workouts as well as this power workout should have worked in my favor, but we'll have to wait a few days to see.

I do not think it would be wise to perform another RFL run after my 3 day maintenance break in Chicago. I really don't think my body can take it, and it seems I react very poorly to these carb loads. I think I'll most likely stick to a straight deficit -20% for the 2 weeks following until I leave for Holland.

Weight this morning was 174 (post - refeed) which indicates a 7lb gain. This is actually above what my weight was before starting the RFL run. I do feel and look leaner, so I'm hoping my weight will drop back down to around 170-171 lbs after the excess glycogen and water weight leave my body.

All - in - all, the expected 2 lb weight loss from this run was not worth the immense amount of effort and willpower it took. I have learned a valuable lesson from this experience to say the least.
I'm in the same boat as you... I also reacted poorly to my recent 2 day carb refeed after a 12 day category 1 stint. Gained over 6lbs of water overnight and its taken me all month to drop it off again. I've been dieting again since July 6th and I'm still 2.2 lbs above my low weight I reached at the end of cat1. Very frustrated at the lack of progress this month. I can't even reach into my bodybuilding bag of tricks and decide why I'm still 2.2 lbs heavier while RFL again since July 6th. I'm at a loss right now...