View Single Post
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:20 AM

Day 3 complete.

Everyday on this diet is a challenge. Actually, every hour of everyday.

Today I looked in the mirror and thought to myself. Hmm, Im not so sure Im going to have attained the flat stomach I want in 8 days. I can see my obliques starting to come in, but there is still a layer of fat covering my upper abdominals and a pooch over my lower ones. Also still a slight pear shape on my hips.

Then later in the evening I noticed the fat deposits on my lower back were completely MIA. Im not exactly sure when they disappeared but it was quite the revelation. Talk about Lyles stubborn fat theories. It makes me wonder if some of the noticeable fat loss Ive achieved in my thighs, back, shoulders, etc has in fact stored in my stubborn fat depots around my abdomen. This made me feel much better about my progress. Its as if Ive finally reached the final frontier of fat loss.

Then as I was surfing the web I was blindsided by an article I read that said the average natural gym goer has about 140LBM. Im not RIDICULOUSLY weak anymore, but suffice to say Im typically one of the smaller guys in my current gym. This led me to wonder if my 140 LBM estimate was off by a lot.

Now I go to a relatively hardcore gym in a beach and its clear most of the guys are far above average gym goers. And steroid use is fairly prevalent based on the amount of weight being thrown around, acne, and balding. Then I read the 140 LBM was based off a 5'10 male and im 6'0 even. Whew. 140 LBM cant be too far off base.

Like I said a constant struggle of self doubt.

I blew off one of the girls im seeing tonight because Im attempting to distance myself from outside influences for the duration of these eleven days. I need inner piece, not drunken orgies or women who want pieces of my conflicted soul. She responded by telling me my diey was stupid, she likes bigger men, and if I actually get to 155 lbs shes done with me. Wow, just the motivation I was looking for on day 3. Screw her I doubt she ever leaves her man anyway he makes 3x what she does.

I promised myself I wouldn't do any cardio work today as my legs feel beat up and I went thru all 75 mg of ephedrine and 600mg caffeine by 1 pm today to stave off hunger pains. But as 5 pm rolled around my yohimbine was just staring at me. Like it was challenging my manhood. So I took it and walked a slow 3 miles. I intentionally left my phone at home so I couldn't listen to pandora which increases boredom and makes longer walks less likely. Sometimes knowing yourself is the key to dieting.

Tomorrow I will perform a short power workout to test my muscle perseverance. I pray Im 8 days away from achieving my goals, but if I have to recarb and do it again by god I will.

Macros: 30g fat, 45g carb, 278g protein, 1,575 kcal

Output: ~2,700 calories

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment. We are choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside this holy reality. This holy experience.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.