View Single Post
Unread 06-28-2018, 04:34 PM

Had a really good day after going light on volume two days ago.

Squat: 3x5 , 150 lbs . Form wasn't perfect and a few reps were a struggle. Probably going to try 155 lbs next round and then back to the drawing board at 135 to dial in the technique. Want to keep closing power leaks.

I tried to do OHP and got to my working weight of 115 lbs and did 2 reps when I was looking for 3x5. I'm not sure what's going on here as it says I did 115 lbs, 3 sets of 4 reps awhile ago. I'm wondering if maybe I mis logged and it was really 110x4 reps. EIther way I abandoned after the 2 reps and next session I will start back at 105 lbs and go from there.

Decided to bench press instead since it's been awhile.

I did 145 x 5 x 5 x 7. There was a guy I knew beside me so i grabbed a spot on the final set and went for broke and got 7 reps. It's odd my bench is progressing so nicely and my OHP is a bit of a mess. Anyway, was happy with the bench. Will try 3x5 with 150 lbs next go around since I think I should have it since I hit 7 on last set of 145.

Deadlift: I've been babying around with 195 for a few weeks now and decided to test my pec by bumping up to 215. I figure my legs are strong enough now and my technique is better that maybe it would be okay. Felt fine. Did 2 sets of 5 reps, 215 lbs.

Pullups. 7, 7, 8. Felt pretty good. Started to develop a little bit of a swing that I don't like. Will either need to lower the reps and use more tension on the down movement, or start adding weight.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.