View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Even a relatively lean male at 180 lbs and 12% body fat is carrying 21 pounds of fat. Each pound contains maybe 400 grams of actual stored fat and that means about 850 grams of fat stored in the body
8500?

Quote:
This is going to be a bit of technical/unapplied article, I’m going to try to keep it short and to the point and mainly it serves as a background for some topics I want to talk about in the near (future, especially alcohol) so just be forewarned as you start on this.
...near future (especially alcohol)...

Quote:
in This, along with differences in handling (e.g. the fact that fast proteins are absorbed by the gut as discussed in Casein Hydrolysate and Anabolic Hormones and Growth – Research Review) are a big part of why slower digesting proteins invariably lead to better overall protein retention in the body; not only does more make it into the bloodstream but less is burned for fuel.
Quote:
I’m going to ask readers not to read anything into the above paragraph, don’t infer or try to draw conclusions about how alcohol might or mightn’t fit into the diet in terms of anything.
Quote:
I’ll discuss the imlications of this in ana article on alcohol (and it’s rather schizoid effects on body weight and body composition in a later article).

Last edited by Overkill : 02-16-2010 at 10:33 AM.