View Single Post
Unread 01-18-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Its a learning process for sure. On the bright side at leastin my experience losing fat gets easier everytime you diet down and even if you rebound a bit its less and less everytime actually looking back at my off days/weeks I can really chalk up 80% of them to deprivation- eg, instead of eating some cake or ice cream or whatever i really wanted in fear of going over my calories by a trivial 200 300..whatever amount, within the next 2 days I had a treat which pretty much led to a cascade of binging and ironically caused far more of a dent than if I had just not passed up those cheese and crackers for a snack or whatever.
This is why I think I (or most long term dieters) can lower setpoint. I've rebounded endless times after dieting.

Before dieting at 20%+ BF would wreck me in my early 20s.

10 years later and I can stay at under 10% with bromo at least.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.