View Single Post
Unread 05-29-2018, 02:50 PM

Default Progress

Congrats on the progress so far.

However, right now you are suffering from what 90% of us suffer from when we start training/dieting.

You are majoring in the minutiae.

Push, pulls, splits, intervals, supplements, etc...

You don't need to worry about all this stuff yet. You will get stronger by simply picking your nose. Fat will melt off simply by not eating doughnuts.

Relax. For the first 30 days ALL that matters is eating healthier, building muscle memory with correct form, increasing your work capacity, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY NOT GETTING INJURED.

Running on your days off between weightlifting at your current body weight is a really bad idea. You are going to cause a hormonal crash and/or injury.

Do a FULL body workout 3x per week. Mon/Wed/Fri. or Tues/Thur/Sat. Whatever works for you but it needs to be 3 non consecutive days while training your entire body.

You are far too weak at the start of training to start with a bodybuilding split. You are shorting your gains tremendously. You want to hit EVERY bodypart 3x per week. The weights you are starting with are barely taxing your central nervous system so you will be fine.

Also now is the time where you can make magic happen and gain neural strength while losing fat AT THE SAME TIME.

Don't even think about bulking. Eat healthy and lose fat. Make sure you get enough protein to support muscle growth and recovery. Eat enough carbs for recovery but make them mostly complex.

Speaking of recovery. Walking and stretching is EXCELLENT for recovery. Walk 30-45 mins and do 30 mins of stretching... That's all you need... sign up for yoga if so inclined... running is not the answer. Running is not a good long term fat loss solution. And its a horrible offset to strength gains.

Lastly, look into Anterior Pelvic Tilt. If you're overweight and work desk jobs I can about guarantee you have it and will need to correct it. It will probably take 6 months but that is what is going to prevent you from getting injured (particularly pulled hamstrings).

Good job squatting and deadlifting. If you can do those two exercises safely they will aid with fat loss more than running will.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.