View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2017, 10:08 PM

Hi, thanks for commenting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Based on your stats: do you have enough muscle mass to be "catwalk" ready?
I used to look good at 170lbs, didnt had much size but was far from emaciated, I looked fit. I suppose I was 15-17% body fat then. I believe if I got down to 160, Id look fairly lean and smallish and if I got down to ~150, Id look very lean but awfully small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
If at some point in your training career you want to add some (more) muscle, it would probably be smart to plan a bulk phase as well. Or at least get used to the idea mentally. When your body is in the beginner or early intermediate stage, you will benefit from a bulk compared to maintenance.
Yes, I want to add muscle and gain strength. Weighing 150lbs is far from my goal, it's just that I wanted to 'get this over with' you know, get 'lean' once and for all.

I figured I'd maintain that new condition for a couple of months, maybe more, to try to upregulate my hormones or other physiological aspects as well as to consolidate new eating habits. After that, I will probably attempt to 'bulk'.

But again, this is all conjectural. I say I'd like to get to 6-8%, but given my history if I manage to get down to a healthy 12% body fat - instead of getting even fatter and less active than in 2017 - and stay there for a while it will be a huge victory for me.