View Single Post
Unread 01-28-2017, 03:14 PM

Wow. That was about as thorough as it gets. I've got the time and motivation to try most of those exercises so I'm going to give it a go this week since my gym access this week is limited to planet fitness where i can't do compound movements anyway.

There is really a lot to learn on this topic so if it's new to you and you need a really basic summary to get you going just use this:

1) Tight, short quads and lower back muscles to you want to STRETCH/Lengthen these muscle groups not STRENGTHEN/Shorten them further.

2) Weak and elongated hamstrings/Glutes and abs soon you want to STRENGTHEN/SHORTEN these muscle groups not STRETCH/Lengthen them further.

Now you can increase flexibility much faster and safer than you can strengthen muscles that aren't being actively recruited properly IMO (perhaps I'm wrong on this?)

So I just focused on improving the flexibility of my quads/lower back first. And did movements that activated my Glutes/hamstrings lIke walking, glute bridges, etc before I started any major strength training on these muscle groups. I'm at the point where I think the series of recommended weight bearing exercises should be quite helpful as the exercises I listed above are More of a warm-up these days

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 01-28-2017 at 03:16 PM. Reason: A