Starting Weight: 96.5kg or 212lbs
Current Weight: 87kg or 191lbs
Starting BMI: 31.5
Current BMI: 28.4
Starting BF%: 27.5%
Current BF%: 23%
Estimated TDEE: 2400+
Category: Category 3 Dieter

Link to TDEE Calculator that provides a little more information.

*BF% calculated from the BMI to BF% chart at the back of the Rapid Fat Loss Handbook. I am fairly typical of the general male population, so this is somewhat accurate (although just an estimate at the very best).

What I eat:

Skinless chicken breast, cabbage, drip coffee, peaches or grapefruit, somewhat low calorie sauce (24cal per 20ml). Mostly boiled.

Protein is less than suggested at 88+g (123g is the required amount). I use the USDA food list for my nutritional information. Cabbage on that site, for example, is 23 calories per 100g. A great filler if you need one.

In a typical day I eat 1 meal of 400g of chicken breast cut up and boiled with as much cabbage as fills my meduim sized wok. I eat this with sauce then have a 200g peach afterwards. I then eat another peach later in the evening a few hours before bed. I usually eat several hours after I wake up (very late). Drip coffee in the morning gets me to this first meal in fairly good shape. That is around 1000 calories give or take. Everything is just an estimate.

Edit: I don't take the fish oil because it makes me sick. Other oils usually do too. I probably get limited fats from various small tastes of the oily food my room mate makes (see 'what I learned...')

Review:

First, I am supportive of RFL, but people's bodies and experiences vary and, thus, results and their ability to adhere might be quite different. Read around and you'll find it's not for everyone.

There are a few reasons why this diet is good for me. The most relevant are that I'm mostly inactive due to nerve damage in my feet, I injure easily due to my health issues and I need to lose weight quickly to lower the load on my legs. The most activity I can manage right now is two 45 minute walks per day with the occasional long bout of standing on public transportation (1.5 hours max). Aside from that I'm sedentary. Fast fat loss, no need to exercise greatly and so on mean RFL is well suited to my situation.

(It's worth noting that I don't do weight lifting because my body won't allow for it right now.)

So far I have done this diet for two months. The first month I didn't really do it as written. I occasionally ate outside of the guidelines and my calorie intake was higher (1300-1500) than I would have liked. The second month has been worse and better. I had two major incidents that caused me to overeat for 3 days and eat near maintenance for 7. Regardless, I have lost 4.5kg (10 pounds) per month and am satisfied with that.

Probably the biggest challenge in all of this so far has been one of hunger and adherence. At first it wasn't so bad on either front. I would be mostly perfect and that was fine. However, after awhile I found the hunger got worse and my adherence fell off. Yet, I was able to turn things back around (see below) and now have great adherence.

Here are some of the helpful things I learned along the way.
1. If I feel hungry and then take a vitamin tablet, sometimes the hunger goes away. (I take them as needed as the pill fillers and excess vitamins make me sick.)
2. Video games are a great distraction (particularly FPShooters) and keep me away from food.
3. Protein doesn't satisfy me. Bulk satisfies me. Having boiled cabbage in bulk with my meals strongly curbed my hunger in comparison to more protein.
4. Having an activity like walking where I can get away from the kitchen and carry no money has been helpful. Hunger (for me) usually dies off after 1 to 2 hours of waiting.
5. It's in the moments where I'm not focused that I tend to overeat. Frequently this starts with "Well, I might as well..." or "I really feel like..."
6. If you live with someone who cooks right in front of you, take a small amount of their food (spoonful) and eat it then think about how weight loss is more important than satisfying cravings. We usually just want a taste. It's never as tasty as you think.
7. Eating as late as I can (I mean fast as long as I can), makes dieting easier.
8. There is nothing wrong with skipping a meal because I'm going to eat more than I need sometimes.
9. Maintenance is always much less than you want or think or can eat.
10. Food that can be cooked fast and takes time to eat (500g of cabbage takes forever to chew through) is always best.
11. Having a tasty low calorie sauce is the number one most important food decision I made. It's a basic watery meat sauce (you could just make meat sauce and add water). You can probably find a lower calorie option (salt and pepper, for example, are zero calorie) than me. I need sauce with things.
12. Coffee in the morning tends to blunt my hunger up to a point.
13. Citrus fruits tend to make me hungry after a shorter time than things like peaches and apples.
14. Soda water tends to curb hunger for a few minutes, but tends to make it worse or occur shortly after.
15. I don't do cheat meals and refeeds because I naturally cheat when I eat a small amount of someone's food. Plus I adhere better if I don't overeat something ("I might as well..." kicks in.)
16. What I've found is that (in my case) calories are mostly irrelevant if the set up of the diet and food selection is on point. Because I took the time and dotted most of my i's and crossed my t's, I can rely on the diet to do what it is supposed to as long as I don't stray too much.
17. Living with someone who expects you to eat with them can be a challenge. I recommend going for a walk while they eat and scheduling in some quality time with them later in the evening. Going out to bars/cafes is more challenge than I'm capable of, so I have mostly been spending time at people's houses, which has actually been better for my relationships.
18. I've found weighing myself around the end of each month (especially after a good bowel movement or a whoosh [lengthy urination]) is way better for me than weighing myself daily or weekly or something. Weight and measurements stress me out for the most part, so less is best. I always take my absolute lightest weight as my current weight.
19. I've found that having other measures of improvement to be vastly better than weight. I have a shirt that I used to wear when I was 70kg and I put it on now and then. My work clothes are another great test. My current trousers are getting way too big around the thighs and my shirt isn't tightly pressed to my stomach anymore when tucked.

(Edit: I tend to hold fat on my stomach, lower chest and thighs. I shrink down in other areas faster than those. Hence, number 19 above is quite relevant due to my fat pattern.)

Overall, the diet has been great. I'm very optimistic about the coming 29 more days until I take a 2 week break and dip back in. Speaking specifically for the 2 months that I have done: It has been great and I am happy with my results and especially the reduction in pain I feel in my feet (a big reason why I am losing weight in the first place.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to add them. I'm sure I'm forgetting something useful above. Maybe you can prompt me to remember it.