BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-01-2010, 08:25 AM

Week 1/3

Three good RFL days but the rest were characterised by macro and micro numbers that were off.

I'm getting better at resisting the non RFL friendly food that's around so I expect snacking to be less of a problem in W2. As for hitting my numbers, making sure I get half of my required protein and supplements earlier in the day should, going by experience, help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleria View Post
Welcome back
Thanks, Alleria!

Last edited by springbody : 11-01-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Unread 11-08-2010, 02:48 PM

Week 2/3

Three good rfl days, one day with too little protein and another with non-rfl friendly bites. Although this looks like my last entry, W2 felt different - more relaxed - so I'll continue to ease back into the rfl way of life.

Going forward: "I'm getting better at resisting the non RFL friendly food that's around so I expect snacking to be less of a problem in W3. As for hitting my numbers, making sure I get half of my required protein and supplements earlier in the day should, going by experience, help."
Unread 11-15-2010, 08:53 AM

Week 3/3

Same as Week 2/3 above...

Weight Change
Week 1/3: -3.0lbs (-0.25, -2.75, 0)
Week 2/3: -1.5lbs (tue -0.5, fri +0.3, sun -0.3)
Week 3/3: -5.5lbs (wd +0.5, fri -1.0, sun -3.0)

This drop was enough to move me from cat 3 to cat 2 and then onto my summer weight.

-----

Attempting rfl as a category 3 female always delivers. Category 2 is a different story. My overriding memory of my attempt at cat 2 over summer is 'ugh'. Ugh = lack of appetite + ravenous hunger + force feeding carbs + cycling hormonal effects + external stressors + long, hot days + the sensation of having the wind knocked out of your sails and recovering just in time to experience it again. The end result was that I finished the summer at the same weight I was at around the start of it (dropped by more than five pounds in the intervening period). In retrospect, eating low fat ice-cream and drinking fresh fruit smoothies, in the context of a moderate deficit, would have been a more fruitful strategy. This realisation made the sucky experience worthwhile.

So here I am at the same weight I was at the end of summer, twelve pounds from target. I have some things working in my favour for example the days aren't as long and hot, the good lessons from a bad experience, the fact that I'm an upper cat 2 and so on. I'll go ahead with rfl. I'll monitor my progress closely and if there's a significant discrepancy between the effort that goes in and the results that come out, there's always low fat ice cream and fresh fruit smoothies to fall back on.

Cat 2 slip ups aren't as forgiving to me so I know it's in my best interest to keep my macro numbers tight on at least six days of the week.

Here goes...
Unread 11-22-2010, 01:32 PM

Week 1 (15/11/10 to 21/11/10)
35% deficit

A little break from the diet while the hormones of the month took over.
Unread 12-06-2010, 05:38 AM

Week 2 & 3
A large (as opposed to the largest) deficit with good protein levels on each and every day.
Weight Change
Week 1: +3 (w +4, f -1, s 0)
Week 2: -1 (w -1, f 0, s -0.75)
Week 3: -2 (w +1, f -2, s 0)
Unread 12-13-2010, 09:20 AM

Week 4

Calories averaged out at maintenance (carb and fat levels varied day to day). +3.75lbs

I felt like I was recovering from an illness. Thing is though, I wasn't particularly ill in the preceeding weeks. A bit off-colour maybe but nothing specific
Unread 12-15-2010, 08:24 PM

Recently did 3 weeks as cat3 followed by 3 weeks as cat2 (W1 to W3), 1 week at maintenance (W4) and I'm currently on the 2nd week of maintenance (W5).

Three weeks cat 3, three weeks cat 2
Noticeable differences...

During cat 3, water loves me (for 12 days or so), leaves and stays away (for 16 days). I feel hungry close to meal times. The longer I stay on the diet, the 'easier' it gets.

During cat 2, the water loves me and stays. I'm constantly full and on the odd occasion when I feel hunger, it's associated with immense relief. The longer I stay on the diet, the tougher it gets.

Summer cat 2, cat 2 now
Noticeable similarities...

The water, the fullness and the progressive toughness. Plus, the non-specific stuff I referred to as 'ugh' - On reflection, subtle but definitely present during the most recent cat 2. If I had carried on, the intensity would have built up. It's the same thing.

Comparisons and contrasts have helped rule out a bunch of possible explanations I was considering. The only other variable I can think of is the refeed food. I've written anything containing wheat & co out of my mealplans and dropped eggs and dairy too. We shall see.
Unread 12-19-2010, 03:13 AM

Week 5
Counted calories earlier in the week, keeping them in line with maintenance values. Towards the end of the week, I ate according to what I felt I needed, making appropriate adjustments e.g. if I knew I was eating out in the evening, I'd keep the daytime light with lean protein, vegetables and fruit. +1lb

I ate homemade cake on Saturday and had no weird response. I'll run a refeed-type day this week using gluten free food items to see how I fare.
Unread 12-30-2010, 01:01 PM

Just read through some of your log - looks like you did great! congrats! I'm a cat 3 female also and I lost 22 lbs on my first round of RFL. I only gained 2 lbs on my diet break, but those came off really fast when I started the second round.

Here's the deal though - I started my second round of RFL on Nov 28, so I'm 5 weeks in and I have only lost 7 lbs. What gives?? I'm a little bummed.

I had a real hard time getting in the carb amounts while on the full diet break, so I'm wondering if my system didn't really 'reset' and maybe my metabolism is just really stalled. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 12-31-2010, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper View Post
Just read through some of your log - looks like you did great! congrats!

I'm a cat 3 female also and I lost 22 lbs on my first round of RFL. I only gained 2 lbs on my diet break, but those came off really fast when I started the second round.

Here's the deal though - I started my second round of RFL on Nov 28, so I'm 5 weeks in and I have only lost 7 lbs. What gives?? I'm a little bummed.

I had a real hard time getting in the carb amounts while on the full diet break, so I'm wondering if my system didn't really 'reset' and maybe my metabolism is just really stalled. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and Congrats on your progress too!

In this situation, I'd diet for another week (there could be a whoosh just round the corner) and then take stock. If I was still bummed by the scale, then I'd go ahead and take a full diet break (you can after 6 weeks). Spend this week writing up a meal plan for your full diet break.

What's your target amount for carbs, protein and fat on a diet break? (Use current stats to get a rough idea)