BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-05-2015, 08:39 AM

Lightbulb Finally doing it right

After weeks / months of dieting / diet breaking / short binging im going to do it right. I have to - this is why im doing this log. To hold myself accountable and to have a log for myself aswell.

Background and current situation:
161 lbs - 14% bf approx
I just came out of 2 weeks of trying to do maintenance -- welp didnt go so well.
Got a hormonal screen on monday aswell, waiting for the results.

Goal
Get to 10% bf or a bit less and then move to maintenance (this time with bodymedia and 90% of the calculated amount) and then ease into the bulk.

Diet:
1600 kcal - approx 220 Protein / 80 carbs / 40 fats
Supplements (dietwise): Vitamin D, 15mg zink, 400mg magnesium, 5g fish oil, some calcium if i dont eat a lot of dairy that day.
Supplements (trainingwise): Im doing if and starting off in the morning with 200mg caffeine + 15 mg yohimbine hcl + some green tea extract - then i start going to uni on which route i do steady state cardio (brisk walking) of about 15-20 mins.
Before training i take 300mg caffeine + 6g l-citrulline + 6g l-arginine (love the pump) aswell as around 10g of creatine and 2g of l-carnitine l-tartrate around training. (main reason of lclt: i suspect having low-t not only while dieting and there are studies listed on examine that suggest that lclt does promote androgen receptor uptake of testosterone despite having low t)

Training
I train daily and i break my fast before training with a protein cookie at around 1 pm. My split is a push pull leg split with 4 focus sets (e.g. bench / rowing - 5 to 8 reps), then 4 volume sets (8-12) and then a bunch of acessory movement.
no cardio other then brisk walking in the morning.

Would love if some people chime in, give advice, have a good time and follow along to hold myself responsible. Much love to you guys
Unread 11-05-2015, 11:42 AM

So its Thursday, actually end of day 3 (started on monday at 74.6 kg).
Todays weight measurement: 73.4(-1.2kg)

(Withins BF% measurement 14.2 (-.8%)

I know its mostly gonna be water weight + gastrointestinal content but hey, ill take it. Fasting feels much better than the last time, i sometimes fast 16-20 hours depending on what time uni is over. Today it was 20 hours and i still felt fine. In contrary to last time im actually breaking my fast before working out (37.5g prot / 20g carbs / 9g fats) and that seems to calm me down alot.

And im dropping all cardio in contrary to my last cut approach (i always did 20 min of moderate to high intensity daily after weight training and i think it did me more bad than good). Im just doint 20 min of brisk walking on yohimbine fasted in the morning - seems aight.
Unread 11-05-2015, 11:57 AM

Given the relatively high dose requirements of Yohimbee and its associated cost, have you considered reducing the frequency of your morning cardio but just extending the duration of each session (i.e. instead of 20min every day shoot for 40min every other day). That way you get a little more bang for your buck and should elicit similar (or better) results.
Unread 11-05-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
Given the relatively high dose requirements of Yohimbee and its associated cost, have you considered reducing the frequency of your morning cardio but just extending the duration of each session (i.e. instead of 20min every day shoot for 40min every other day). That way you get a little more bang for your buck and should elicit similar (or better) results.
yes, but i dont do the cardio because of the cardio itself but because i enjoy walking to uni (instead of taking the tram) and that walk is about 20 min. plus i dont want to be sweaty when arriving at uni and having to stay there for 6 hours with my friends around. even on off days i try to implement my cardio just as normal daily tasks (going shopping and actually walking to the shopping center etc) and not just plain walking on the treadmill

e: didnt mean off days as in non training days (since i dont have those) but as in uni off days =D

Last edited by iamrock : 11-05-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Unread 11-05-2015, 01:14 PM

Cool

side note: on 2 out of 3 days (except for legs n abs) i take a booster (which i dont normally take in a caloric surplus) called narcotica v2 from gn laboratories.
it has a ephedrin minus one methyl group (halostachin) and either it is a damn good placebo or it really works. 10min after taking it i get this huge euphoria, go workout, make huge strength gains (im talking adding 2.5kg on flat dumbbell bench per side and having 2 reps more) but i crash a few hours later.

other side effect: hunger blunting which is kind of nice, especially since i would normally be able to eat an entire horse after training. will be hard to cycle off after the cut but i guess the effects will taper down any ways with time so - well see
Unread 11-06-2015, 02:25 AM

Picture update Week 1 Day 4
Morning weigh in 73kg(-1.6)

Im still fasted (since 6pm yesterday), will break fast at around 11 am and go train legs at 12. Definetely starting to feel the diet now, walking in the morning felt kind of "automode" i just started walking and didnt really feel normal. Im used to this from previous fasting + dieting but i didnt remember how strange it feels. Heres a picture update, next picture will follow in 2-4 days.

Unread 11-06-2015, 02:30 AM

Subject: Refeeds / Cheat Meals / Minidietbreaks

So: i dont plan on doing scheduled refeeds in an optimal way (high carb, low fat, etc). But what im gonna do is have 1-2 days on a weekend where i move to maintenance since im with my gf then and dont like dieting hard and not being able to do anything with her. Think it keeps me mentally sane aswell. First "maintenance" days will be in 1 week since we wont see each other this weekend. If possible ill keep a deficit on those days, if not hopefully as close to maintenance kcal (guessing around 2400) as possible. No Macronutrient ranges for those days except 160gr protein at the least.
Unread 11-06-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
I didn't think it was that much cardio + it's very low intensity (walking)
20 minutes only = around 2000-3000 steps.

However, I will admit that I don't know what changes with regards to taking Yohimbine and why cardio should come down?

Last edited by stoomc : 11-06-2015 at 06:46 AM.
Unread 11-06-2015, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoomc View Post
I didn't think it was that much cardio + it's very low intensity (walking)
20 minutes only = around 2000-3000 steps.

However, I will admit that I don't know what changes with regards to taking Yohimbine and why cardio should come down?
i dont exactly get what you want to say but i guess youre missinterpreting what he wanted to say. i think his intentions where that i could just do cardio every second day and double the amount so i dont have to spend the money for the yohimbine dosage every day.

or maybe im wrong on both, well see ^.^
Unread 11-06-2015, 08:59 AM

Introducing rest days

For the first time in a few weeks i think im going to strategically implement rest days. Till now i havent implemented them since i thought to myself that i could get more out of it having non rest days and a high frequency + high volume. But im feeling a bit bummed out and i think the net benefit from the increased recovery will be higher than not having rest days. So my training split will be:

Day 1 - Push 1
4x Flat Dumbbell Bench Press 5-8 (3min rest time)
2x Shoulder Dumbbell Press 6-8 (3min rest time)
3x Chest Fly Machine 10-12 (2min rest time)
Facepulls, Triceps overhead and pressing + shoulder lateral raise (all in all about 12 sets, about a min rest inbetween, basically to failure)

Day 2 - Pull 1
4x T-Bar rowing (back supported) 5-8 (3min rest time)
3x weighted pull ups 10-12 (3min rest time)
Shrugs, different curlvariations (all in all about 12 sets, about a min rest inbetween, basically to failure)

Day 3 - Legs n Abs
5x Leg Press 6-8 (3min rest time)
4x heavy ab crunch machine (inbetween leg sets)
4x Leg Curls 8-10
4x hanging leg raises inbetween
Lyles Calve Routine (so about 7 sets total)

Day 4 - Push 2
4x Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 5-8 (3min rest time)
2x Shoulder Dumbbell Press 6-8 (3min rest time)
3x Chest Fly Machine 10-12 (2min rest time)
Facepulls, Triceps overhead and pressing + shoulder lateral raise (all in all about 12 sets, about a min rest inbetween, basically to failure)

Day 5 - Pull 2
4x weighted pull ups 5-8 (3min rest time)
3x t-bar rowing (back supported) 10-12 (3min rest time)
Shrugs, different curlvariations (all in all about 12 sets, about a min rest inbetween, basically to failure)

Day 6 - Legs n Abs
5x Leg Press 6-8 (3min rest time)
4x heavy ab crunch machine (inbetween leg sets)
4x Leg Curls 8-10
4x hanging leg raises inbetween
Lyles Calve Routine (so about 7 sets total)

Day 7 - Rest

Rinse & Repeat