BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-10-2011, 01:25 AM

Sunday: The day's totals came to 125.2p, 299.0c, 37.5f. Had some of the protein earlier in the day and the rest during a refeed which ran for about 7 hours. The fat would have been a third lower were it not for the close proximity to chocolate biscuits (perils of refeeding while others free meal).

Quite literally dropped a lot of water in the middle of the night which goes someway to explaining the paltry +1.5 scale change today (Mon). Next weigh in Wed.

Last edited by springbody : 01-10-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Unread 01-12-2011, 03:31 AM

Monday: 124.5p, 10.2c, 18.7f
Tuesday: 124.9p, 16.4c, 19.3f

Mon was tricky, Tue not so much.

However, there was a little incident with a small piece of Mars... I did weigh it and the macros are incl in Tue's breakdown.

Making a point to log everything that I eat/drink when in 'diet mode' helps keep me on track. I consider the act of weighing incidentals, googling the nutritional information per 100g and entering this (down to sodium, sugars etc) into a spreadsheet so tedious (when considering the 101 other things I could be doing with that time) that I tend to take a considered pause before going off-plan.

There's another aspect of the incident with a small piece of Mars that I'll log about at the end of the week because I think I'll make more sense of it then if I actually hit my target for this week. What I will say though is things could have been really bad if I was dealing with Snickers, Twix, cake, ice cream - list of things I actually like.

And in other news - I got on the scale today and I'm 1.75lbs below Mon's weight. Feels soooo good to have a normal reaction to a refeed.

Last edited by springbody : 01-12-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Unread 01-13-2011, 03:17 AM

Wednesday: 63.9p, 16.3c, 4.8f in addition to free meal numbers

Got the workout out of the way first thing in the morning and had a large 63.9p meal afterwards. Since the next meal was the evening one, I packed some fruit for the day, just in case, and an apple came in handy in the afternoon.

I ate and drank more than I needed to during the free meal but it was a special occasion so I'm not too bothered about that. Next weigh-in Fri.
Unread 01-16-2011, 02:15 AM

Thursday: 141.3p, 11.4c, 18.2f
Protein on the high side as wasn't sure I got enough the previous day.

Friday: 132.0p, 25.4c, 23.4f
Gave in to a tasty bite that wasn't in the plan. Don't like when I do that. Not going to beat myself up over this because this is a process and I know how far I've come - not too long ago, it would have been considerably more than one tasty bite adding to my macros.

Still 1lb up on my pre free meal weight. Next weigh-in Sun

Saturday: 124.7p, 8.3c, 19.5f
That's more like it

----

Week 9

I had a target this week and the outcome is a decent 42% deficit excl free meal (and -0.25lb). Happy with that and thrilled with the normal reaction to a refeed as this keeps my options open as far as selecting a weight loss strategy I can sustain until Spring. I'll eat normally for a couple of days, while seeing to other stuff, then decide where to go from there.
Unread 01-20-2011, 03:56 PM

Day 368

The size of the drop: In the eleven weeks preceeding this log, just over twenty pounds through 'general' dieting. During the first six months of this log, just over thirty five pounds mostly through RFL. Over the last six months, a quarter of a pound (started making sense of this from here onwards).

I'm ten to fifteen pounds away from what I set as my long term goal so most of the heavy shifting has already been done. I'm confident I'll get there, just unclear about when as I'm yet to settle on a weight loss strategy that I can sustain over the coming months.

If you're reading this looking for inspiration, I'd say just start eating better now, start right now. Go back to basics. Info on what constitutes a nutritious diet can be found on the main site (e.g. enter 'primer' in the search box). If you have the fat to spare, getting your body to give it up is simple, especially if you're not abusing said body by undereating, overexercising, not getting enough rest/sleep and so on. My first step towards weight loss was simple; I figured that if I lost one to two pounds a week and kept going for a year, I'd be down fifty to a hundred pounds - a significant loss by many estimations. My first goal was equally simple, losing 10% of my bodyweight. Keep going and don't beat yourself up when you stumble, stuff happens. Much more often than not, cook your own food. And ladies, start strength training as soon as possible.

Last edited by springbody : 01-20-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Unread 02-03-2011, 06:13 PM

Hey-- I am happy to see you're still on here. I was just doing some research on PSMF and saw your blog. I have been feeling tired/ sluggish lately and was looking for some advice. I forgot my multivitamins the last couple of says so that might be it. How many pounds of total weight did you lose per week on average when PSMFing?
Unread 02-06-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB_Girl View Post
Hey-- I am happy to see you're still on here. I was just doing some research on PSMF and saw your blog. I have been feeling tired/ sluggish lately and was looking for some advice. I forgot my multivitamins the last couple of says so that might be it.
Don't forget sodium and potassium

Quote:
How many pounds of total weight did you lose per week on average when PSMFing?
I didn't always follow the diet as laid on but on the couple of occasions when I came reasonably close to doing so, the weight loss was 2.6lb/wk and iirc 1lb/wk (with water retention). Also, see here

EDIT You can work out expected fat loss from your deficit. Deficit = difference between maintenance calories and diet calories (by this I mean the calories from all food/drink consumed). Divide the deficit by 3500 to get estimated fat loss, in pounds.

The scale won't necessarily shift by the fat loss amount, e.g. in cases of water retention, but this calculation gives a rough idea of what to expect.

Last edited by springbody : 02-06-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Unread 01-27-2016, 01:10 AM

So I was very happy with the past results from RFL. Just as I was embarking on long term maintenance, I experienced an upheaval that knocked me off course.

On reflection: If I had an established exercise habit as well as a "less OCD" eating routine, I would have done a better job of staying on track. Being proactive about fitness is back in focus for me and I look forward to hitting those results again! This is me addressing these issues.

PHASE I: From about a week ago to 18th Feb:
  • Home-made meals, at least 3 per day
  • 2 free meals a week
  • Strength training
  • Rebounding

PHASE II: Two weeks
  • Full diet break in preparation for RFL...
    ...with home-made, free meal, strength training and rebounding routines in place

PHASE III: Twelve weeks
  • RFL

PHASE IV: Two weeks
  • Full diet break
  • Assess
Unread 01-27-2016, 01:33 AM

Starting weight: 191 lbs

PHASE I: From about a week ago to 18th Feb

• Home-made meals
    - batch prepping and/or cooking is working out very well
    - my general diet: beans, beef, potatoes, rice, pasta, wraps, vegetables, eggs, tuna...
    - casual or "less OCD" portion control
    - at least 3 meals per day
    - making a point to eat at least 3 times a day so I don't binge on junk/fast food when hunger strikes
  • Drink more water
    - probably only having less than a litre a day
    - aim for at least 2 litres
  • Supplements
  • 2 free meals a week
    - Thursday and Sunday
    - any particular cravings will be catered to then
    - I'm going through a microwave mug cake phase right now
  • Strength training
    - Thursday and Sunday
    - plan to start the RFL workout with dumbbells this Thursday
  • Rebounding
    - yet to work out a plan. Until then, I'll walk 20 min/day increasing to 30 as I tear myself away from work more
Unread 01-28-2016, 02:43 AM

-1.75lbs in a week

WEDNESDAY
  • Home-made meals
    - 2 meals, no junk/fast food
    - will start eating earlier in the day to get at least 3 meals in
  • Water
    - 1L
    - revised aim up to 3L
  • Supplements
    - some
  • Rebounding/ Walking