BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-11-2016, 09:06 AM

Default BMWGuinness RFL #3 - The ATL Lifestyle Diet

Been a while since I've done a log ... new city new log!

I've done these logs previously to win weight loss competitions, but this time its for my overall health.

The last couple of years in Chicago have been very kind to my foodie enjoyment, but not to my waist.

Time to get back onto the horse! But this time for me, and not for a competition. I'm also going to have my friend join me on this diet in a few weeks as he's moving up here with me to make a change to his health and wellness. He's a big guy (6'4 360s) and I'd like to help him lose "another" 100lbs (he was in the 460s I believe).

I just moved to ATL (Midtown area) last weekend and am all settled in.

Since I'm not under time constraints like before, I'm changing this up to more of a lifestyle diet, so Modified RFL if you will.

M-F - RFL (4x Chicken/Veggies/FF Cheese)
S-Su - Conscientious Eating while discovering ATL's best eateries

M-F - 1 hour walking
M/W/F - 1 hour gym
S-Su - Hiking/Massage

Chicken - Tyson Grilled and Ready Diced Chicken Breast

Personal Goal - I'll be 39 in a week, so I'd like to look good for my 40th birthday.

Height - 6'
Sex - Yes Please (Male)
Weight - 223lbs
Unread 07-12-2016, 12:40 PM

Day 1 - 223lbs
Day 2 - 200.3lbs

Weight loss better than expected, considering I am not doing E/C. Looking forward to the week's progress.

I had a good first day yesterday. I checked out my new gym. There's a ton of room in the freeweight area of the gym at 7am and the machines are barely used (tons of Hammer Strength, Life Fitness, Free Motion, etc.). The Olympic bars reminded me why I should wear high socks for Deadlifts (oops). Unfortunately the Squat Racks place the bar at an uncomfortable starting position, but the Smith Squats have the height perfect. I'm not too worried since the Smith Squats will be better for my friend in a few weeks.

Today I went for a nice walk around the park; its nice and cool early in the morning which allowed for a longer walk. All in all a great morning. On the way back I found a cool little coffee shop and picked up an iced coffee (black, 1 splenda) which was a great way to cool down. Time got away from me, I think I was out for 2 hours

Feeling great so far, and going to bed earlier tonight so I'm charged up for the workout tomorrow in the AM.

Unread 07-12-2016, 01:43 PM

22.7 lbs in a day, way to go.
Unread 07-12-2016, 01:46 PM

220.3lbs my apologies, thanks for bringing this to light, and your words of encouragement!

Last edited by BMWGuinness : 07-12-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Unread 07-12-2016, 10:33 PM

All the best for the journey. What category you come in ?
Unread 07-13-2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja View Post
All the best for the journey. What category you come in ?
Cat 3

I'd like to get down to ~185 and maintain for a while, which would put me around ~18% bodyfat

If I'm doing really well I'll try for ~175 but my body fights me

Of course, previously, the goal was for fat loss, but now I'll mix it up with maintenance and muscle gain after I'm down to 185.
Unread 07-13-2016, 05:04 AM

Day 1 - 223
Day 2 - 220.3
Day 3 - 218.4

Time to head in to the gym
Unread 07-13-2016, 05:43 AM
Banned

It's interesting to see a more flexible approach to RFL and actually see it being used as a tool rather than a program (if that makes any sense).

I'm curious how you will progress. Good luck.
Unread 07-13-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semipartial View Post
It's interesting to see a more flexible approach to RFL and actually see it being used as a tool rather than a program (if that makes any sense).

I'm curious how you will progress. Good luck.
I'm going to use Mark Zuckerberg as an example where he prefers function over fashion. He was wearing pretty much the same outfit everyday (had something like 10 pairs of the same clothing) because it allowed him to utilize that time thinking about other, more important things (to him).

I do this myself, to a point. I have a work hard, play hard mentality. I prefer order and structure during the week, and like the opposite during the weekends. I also like to treat everything as a game, setting major and minor milestones for myself. I do this in almost every facet of my life, and attribute it to my success all around.

With respect to the lifestyle, this is extremely easy to adhere to. I've got this down to a science. However, you hve to be the type of person who is willing to be very regimented during the week. The reward is on the weekends. Personally, when going out on the weekend, I tend to reward myself big, with very nice restaurants and activities.

As I mentioned before I'm a big foodie, and I've been known to take trips around the country just for the best food and beer. I had to get rid of my UTappd app because I traditionally do samplers (aka flights) and I'm competitive by nature, and my waist was getting a little upset with me. However, my favorite thing is comparing BBQ restaurants around the country. I've got a few favorites, and am looking forward to exploring more of the Southeast's BBQ delicacies.

FYI, I could never live in Austin ... which I think is now my personal Foodie Mecca.

To Note: I added a couple of items to my daily routine. Since I'm not doing the E/C Stack, I'm having a cup of iced coffee in the mornings after my walking/workouts and I don't have meals after 6pm so around 8pm if I'm getting a craving I eat a cucumber, which is satiating for me and kind of like a dessert/snack.
Unread 07-13-2016, 08:34 AM
Banned

Thanks for your elaborate reply. I hope Mark Zuckerberg knows how to do laundry.

I'm actually a similar kind of person, however, from another culture (I'm from Europe) and therefore not very much into BBQ restaurants (whatever they may be). For me, it works well to have a structured/ordered lifestyle across the week as well, but I'm still figuring out how to incorporate those sedentary and flexible weekends. To be more specific: I train Mo/Tu/Th/Fr and prefer to eat well/functional on those days, leaving little room to go overboard in the weekends.

On a side note:
Did you ever try to use a form of intermittent fasting, allowing you to eat after 6PM? If you didn't, it may be a worthwhile extension to your regime. Especially because you get to eat more after work (i.e. your free time) and it allows for food to be consumed before bedtime, possibly improving sleep.