BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-25-2016, 05:32 AM

I have now been using it a week and I must say the food cravings are less and I have broken through a weight plateau (not caused by eating less because I count my calories). So I suspect the increase in metabolic rate (getting it back to normal rate while on a caloric restriction) is working. It could be just coincidence too so I will keep watching it. I know everything is spot on now.
Unread 09-29-2016, 05:47 PM

Does anyone know if the U.S. performs sting operations for ordering this stuff without a prescription? They post office said its awaiting pickup and they never even tried to deliver it. Ordered from all day chemist
Unread 09-29-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
Does anyone know if the U.S. performs sting operations for ordering this stuff without a prescription? They post office said its awaiting pickup and they never even tried to deliver it. Ordered from all day chemist
lol, no. Seriously you're fine.

The authorities arn't interested in people using low dose bromocriptine....They usually go after dealers or people with more serious drugs. Bromocriptine isn't a serious deadly drug.
Unread 09-29-2016, 07:49 PM

Thanks. Really think I just needed to hear that from someone else. Picking it up tomorrow and excited to get started on it!
Unread 10-25-2016, 01:33 PM

Hi, I see several people purchasing from All Day Chemist, and that the bromo quality is G2G (Good To Go), but I don't remember if the bromo brand you received was Proctinal or another brand because the first was out of stock, you received the Proctinal or another brand? and what is the delivery time to the States? thank you.
Unread 10-25-2016, 07:23 PM

Yeah, proctinal (2.5mg) is the kind I got. Cheapest I could find online too. Delivery takes quit awhile. I think mine was about 3 weeks from when I placed the order to when it was in my mailbox.
Unread 11-28-2016, 12:02 PM

Most of my life has been spent in the 15-20% bodyfat range with once or twice going as high as 22/23%. I am 26 years old and do not have the greatest genetics and a sub-par testosterone level (tested at 400 something when I was 20 yrs old). So I figure that my set-point is somewhere in that range which isn't optimal for staying lean obviously.

After a run of UD2 I am currently sitting at around 10% bodyfat at 155lbs and 5'8" (by far the best shape I've been in and lowest body-fat to date). I am on the 1st day after my 2 week maintenance phase and I am feeling the effects of being below my set point. I have a lowered sex drive, cold hands and feet, constant hunger while eating at maintenance.

I would like to try to gain muscle mass but because of everything I just wrote and failures in the past to keep fat gain to a minimum I have come to a new potential idea:

Lyle recommends dieting to 10% and then bulking to 15%, rinse and repeat.

What if:

I use bromocriptine to keep my body in check and instead drop that range to about 7/8% to 12% and do bulking/ cutting cycles in that range.

My thinking is that it will mentally allow me to keep from feeling too fat if 12% is my top range. The Bromo will keep my leptin/metabolism going somewhat normally and limit the fat gain that I would normally get. I will feel normally sex-drive wise, hunger will be controllable etc.

Anyone have any similar experience or thoughts? Also I realize it probably sounds better on paper than will actually play out in real life...like most things
Unread 11-29-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylifter7 View Post
Most of my life has been spent in the 15-20% bodyfat range with once or twice going as high as 22/23%. I am 26 years old and do not have the greatest genetics and a sub-par testosterone level (tested at 400 something when I was 20 yrs old). So I figure that my set-point is somewhere in that range which isn't optimal for staying lean obviously.

After a run of UD2 I am currently sitting at around 10% bodyfat at 155lbs and 5'8" (by far the best shape I've been in and lowest body-fat to date). I am on the 1st day after my 2 week maintenance phase and I am feeling the effects of being below my set point. I have a lowered sex drive, cold hands and feet, constant hunger while eating at maintenance.

I would like to try to gain muscle mass but because of everything I just wrote and failures in the past to keep fat gain to a minimum I have come to a new potential idea:

Lyle recommends dieting to 10% and then bulking to 15%, rinse and repeat.

What if:

I use bromocriptine to keep my body in check and instead drop that range to about 7/8% to 12% and do bulking/ cutting cycles in that range.

My thinking is that it will mentally allow me to keep from feeling too fat if 12% is my top range. The Bromo will keep my leptin/metabolism going somewhat normally and limit the fat gain that I would normally get. I will feel normally sex-drive wise, hunger will be controllable etc.

Anyone have any similar experience or thoughts? Also I realize it probably sounds better on paper than will actually play out in real life...like most things
Have you tried bromo before? Although Lyle says it can be used for bulking, it is still preferable for cutting.

n=1 here: there is just no way I could do a bulk on bromo. Besides the intense appetite suppression I feel, it makes me feel pretty nauseous during any type of heavy lifting activity.

Everyone is different though, so you may have a different experience and love it for everything. The only way to know is to try it out for yourself and see what works. I think bromo would best be used if you were trying to maintain that low bodyfat (7/8%) indefinitely or just during your cutting phases. Give it a go though and report back!
Unread 11-29-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
Have you tried bromo before? Although Lyle says it can be used for bulking, it is still preferable for cutting.

n=1 here: there is just no way I could do a bulk on bromo. Besides the intense appetite suppression I feel, it makes me feel pretty nauseous during any type of heavy lifting activity.

Everyone is different though, so you may have a different experience and love it for everything. The only way to know is to try it out for yourself and see what works. I think bromo would best be used if you were trying to maintain that low bodyfat (7/8%) indefinitely or just during your cutting phases. Give it a go though and report back!
No, I haven't tried it yet, but its in the mail...

I have a very intense appetite and that is one reason I have massively overdone it on bulks in the past. I can do 1000+ cals over maintenance and still feel hungry. The only partial solution I have found is to do an IF style meal setup so I can eat like 50%+ of my days calories before bed when my cravings/hunger are the worst. So with Bromo, I figure that eating about 250 calories above maintenance levels, while bulking from about 8% to 12% should be reasonable.

I intend to track my weight, waist measurements, morning temperature and a whole array of other things. If it works as I hope I'll throw up a log at some point to show my results/findings. It would be nice to have some data on here for results with low bodyfat% bulking with Bromo.
Unread 12-28-2016, 10:10 PM

Default Horribly Low Blood Pressure

So, my blood pressure is normally rather low. I'd say 110/65 or so is about normal for me. But when I take bromocriptine, I can just tell my blood pressure is super low. I feel like blood is not getting to the extremities (super cold hands/feet), I get light headed when standing, and I have this terrible sense of lethargy. I went and checked my blood pressure the other day while on bromocriptine and got 86/50! Should I be worried about my BP dipping this low? Also, any suggestions on how to keep it more around normal while taking bromo? I've discontinued using it because I was scared by this blood pressure reading, and the symptoms were becoming pretty annoying. I'd love to start using it again if I could get this under control though.