BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-24-2018, 07:41 PM

A while back I had thought about getting a concept 2 rower to do this. It's a high quality piece, can be stored with minimal space, and is pretty economical compared to high quality treadmills, ellipticals, etc. My gym has one and I use it from time to time (it can take a little work to get the form down properly.)

I also considered a water rower. There are various pros and cons. The water rower is supposed to be quieter which would probably be helpful if you wanted to use it while watching TV. I've never used one though.

Ultimately though I didn't buy either. My new development has a fitness center with TV and some cardio pieces so I just go there. It's probably better-- I don't really like working out at home anyway.
Unread 04-25-2018, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaloum View Post
Just remembered, when I was younger I used to lay on the couch and air cycle, exercises legs plus abs were so damn sore after just a few minutes
This post actually gave me the idea of lying flat on my back and putting the pedals against the wall perpendicular to the floor. Kind of a similar motion to what you are talking about. I have a feeling this will work out my abs a bit and I can't imagine it would bother my back as I will be lying completely flat except my legs. I will see how it goes.
Unread 04-25-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post
I bought a walking treadmill (designed to go under a standing desk) and use it to get some steps in on days when I won't be walking or leaving the house much. Hardly takes up any room, pretty quiet, helps keep my activity consistent over the week as some days I won't get out much.
I'm curious about this. Do you have a link?
Unread 04-25-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadfubach View Post
I'm curious about this. Do you have a link?
I'm in the UK and got the OfficeFitness walking treadmill via Amazon, which was a lot cheaper than the Lifespan walking treadmills. I'm not sure what options there are elsewhere but they're easy enough to search for - 'walking treadmill' 'under desk treadmill' etc.
Unread 04-25-2018, 07:41 PM

Walk in place, with high knees, arms swinging.