BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-06-2018, 09:42 AM

Default RFL -> Flexible Dieting

I figured I'd start a log on here to keep myself accountable. I started RFL yesterday. I plan on doing it for 2-3 weeks before transitioning to a flexible dieting approach. I'm also curious to see how my blood glucose levels respond to RFL because they have been elevated in the mornings and most recent HbA1C was 6.0 (so I'm pre-diabetic).

Category 3 Dieter

Bodyfat%: 36.5 (based on calculator)

Weight: 260
LBM: 165
Fat Mass: 95
Protein Per Day: 132g

Saturday 5/6/18

Fasting Blood Glucose: 146* (This is an aberration, usually my readings are 115-119 in the morning)

3 Fish oil capsules in the morning (1200mg each), 1g Potassium

Lunch: 2.5 cups egg whites scrambled (~65 grams protein), seasoned with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and two tablespoons of salsa (2g carbs), filtered tap water and flavored seltzer (zero calorie, zero sugar), 3 fish oil capsules, 500mg Magnesium

Pre-Prandial Blood Sugar: 109
1 hr Post Prandial: 104
2 hr Post Prandial: 104
3 hr Post Prandial: 99

Dinner: 235g of chicken breast (baked in oven, seasoned with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper), steamed broccoli (didn't measure, like Lyle says, you can throw away the measuring cup when it comes to the vegetables), liberal amounts of Frank's Buffalo Wing sauce. Filtered tap water, 3 fish oil capsules, 1000mg Calcium, 1 multivitamin.

Pre-Prandial Blood Sugar: 102
1 hr Post Prandial: 109
2 hr Post Prandial: 97
3 hr Post Prandial: 90

Meals will essentially be the same each day. The egg whites were pretty hard to put down even with the salsa, so I may switch to tuna. I've cooked up a lot of chicken though so especially during weekdays, that will be my two meals of the day. I can't see splitting up the meals into any more than two.

Last night did have quite a bit of trouble falling asleep and some stomach gurgling but hopefully I'll adjust.

It's been years since I've lifted or did any kind of exercise. I may throw in a slow morning walk here and there, and will do the home (body weight) exercises suggested in the book 1x/week, based on everything I've read by Lyle, i shouldn't be too concerned with LBM loss considering my high body fat percentage.
Unread 05-06-2018, 12:02 PM

I was full blown diabetic last year, but now my numbers are similar to yours. It's a struggle!

I think with the lowered carb intake you should see a difference. It's also amazing what a little walking can do. I remember seeing my blood sugar numbers dropping daily from the walking. It's very motivating. You may not get the same experience I had, though, because my blood sugars were in the 300s when I first started.

Don't know if it will help you, but one thing I like is to boil the eggs and then just eat the whites. But I'm not sure whether your problem with them is a taste or texture thing.

Best of luck with your journey!