BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-07-2018, 09:20 AM

Default Melanotan 2

As most of us are aesthetically-minded, I'm sure at least some of us are aware of the injectable peptide melanotan 2 used to increase the amount of eumelanin our melanocytes produce, leading to a sick tan and perhaps some protection from skin cancer. Does anyone have experience with or any information about this drug? I realize it hasn't gone completely through clinical trials yet and there's no known information on the long term effects of its use, but from what I've read, it seems to be very safe apart from some mild nausea and possible kidney/liver problems at stupidly high doses.

I've been thinking about getting some as I'm on the lighter side of a Fitzpatrick II and would love not to burn to a crisp every time I go outside for more than an hour during the summer. Not trying to give myself renal failure though.
Unread 06-09-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
As most of us are aesthetically-minded, I'm sure at least some of us are aware of the injectable peptide melanotan 2 used to increase the amount of eumelanin our melanocytes produce, leading to a sick tan and perhaps some protection from skin cancer. Does anyone have experience with or any information about this drug? I realize it hasn't gone completely through clinical trials yet and there's no known information on the long term effects of its use, but from what I've read, it seems to be very safe apart from some mild nausea and possible kidney/liver problems at stupidly high doses.

I've been thinking about getting some as I'm on the lighter side of a Fitzpatrick II and would love not to burn to a crisp every time I go outside for more than an hour during the summer. Not trying to give myself renal failure though.

What do you want to know specifically? I don't know why it's not more popular, it gave me an amazing natural tan in a couple of weeks with massively less UV exposure than would have been required to achieve the same tan naturally.
Unread 06-10-2018, 08:17 AM

Mainly just personal experiences with the drug. Obviously, the research is scant and that's where anecdotes step in. Thanks for the reply. I've already ordered some so I'll have to report back on the results
Unread 06-10-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Mainly just personal experiences with the drug. Obviously, the research is scant and that's where anecdotes step in. Thanks for the reply. I've already ordered some so I'll have to report back on the results
Ok sure. Right so...

I did a lot of reading online first. Consequently...
- Didn't bother with the 'loading' phase or high doses
- Only jabbed around when I tanned (started off with 250mcg pre-tan, then 250mcg pre and post a couple of times, then just 500mcg pre and stayed there).

These results were after:
14mins total in a stand-up sun bed spaced over an 8 day period (2x4mins and 1x6mins)
Sitting outside with my top off for 30-45mins for a few days when it was hot (this is in the UK and it was about 25-27 degrees).

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net...84&oe=5BBC708C
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b8&oe=5BB24616

Didn't try and go for the all-over tan as I wanted to actually see the contrast (this time round at least).

The first time I injected I had the usual nausea and diziness that's often reported, but I never got it again after that. I had some aggravation around the injection site the first 2-3 times but after the first time I think it was mostly just poor technique, having never stuck needles in myself before.

No other negative sides. I wasn't walking round at half-mast all the time like some people experience. As expected existing moles and freckles were a bit more prominent but nothing out of the ordinary. I actually got darker than the pics even though I'd ceased use (I swear there's an afterburn affect)... the only 'bad' thing I found was where I injected in a couple of places I got tiny patches where the tan was much darker than surrounding skin (they look like tiny bruises) but I imagine they'll fade when the rest of my tan does.

Maybe if you're ginger and can't tan naturally you'd need more than one vial but I barely got halfway through one (5mg of 10mg) and will likely let my friend ues the rest as I don't really want to go much darker.

Anything else of note:
I used proper bacteriostatic water not just sterile water - 2ml into the 10mg of peptide
I rotated injection sites as much as possible as there's lots of places you can pinch
Ceased use and not had tons of sun exposure but tan hasn't faded noticably at all

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Ziltoid : 06-10-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Unread 06-10-2018, 04:38 PM

Thanks, that's all extremely helpful information. I wasn't going to bother with a loading phase either as I'm not trying to get too tan and I never do high doses of anything like this for safety reasons. Those are some nice results, almost exactly what I'm looking for
Unread 06-10-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks, that's all extremely helpful information. I wasn't going to bother with a loading phase either as I'm not trying to get too tan and I never do high doses of anything like this for safety reasons. Those are some nice results, almost exactly what I'm looking for
I think it's perpetuated to get people to use more MT-2 as far as using 1mg at a time, using it every day etc. Even with me, I think I could have probably stuck to 250mcg as I did end up tanning a little faster than I expected but at the same time I was working on a short time-frame and wanted to see results faster.

Caveat for my anecdote - I'm not sure where I'd be on the Fitzpatrick scale (somewhere in the 2's?) but I'm caucasian with dark brown hair and usually burn then tan, and given enough time, e.g. a couple of weeks abroad I can/have achieved this colour before. Obviously if I was fairer I might have needed considerably more, but I have no way of knowing.

Good luck. Only other things I'd say are:

- Take into account your face will probably get darker faster than the rest of you because of when you're out and about etc. I suncreamed my face towards the end because I'd be walking to the gym in the sun, eating lunch outside at work, and obviously picking up rays on all my uncovered areas.

- At the start, be conservative and tan only a little - with at least a day off between - you don't want to go bright red and burnt and you won't see results straight away so there's no point trying to over-do the sunbeds/sunbathing.

- Like dieting I think it's helpful to accept it's going to take a bit longer than you think it is, but finding your tan has crept up on you seems pretty common too: I went from wondering how much more I'd need to go brown to how I was in those pics within a week.

- Tanning process takes 30+ hours IIRC so bare that in mind when deciding on dosing and UV protocol. Doing back to back days outside for instance is fine when you've only got a little colour in you because it's unlikely you'll look like you've changed race the next day, but once you've gone brown enough for other people to notice you could easily overshoot. People will wonder if you've gone on holiday. It's hilarious.

- Easier to achieve an even all-over tan on a sunbed, but I found it hard to find information as to 'x minutes on a sunbed = ? minutes outside' and feel that I got my best results being outside in natural sunlight.