BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2511  
Unread 09-20-2018, 11:30 AM
AlphaBettor AlphaBettor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 628
Default

Ok so the scapular plane is about 30 degrees forward (give or take) of the frontal plane. Doing lateral raises in this plane is recommended for safety reasons.

The slight forward lean is a separate recommendation with the idea of putting the lateral head more directly in line with resistance. You can stand up straight and do them, but you hit more front delt than you would if you had leaned over a bit. That's the (possibly over-) simplified version of it.

Upright row is a bit different because the humeral internal rotation already puts the lateral head in ideal position when standing straight up. Even this has some caveats.. e.g. you may find that a slight forward lean is even preferable here because feels better on the shoulder. Or not.. it's highly individual.
Reply With Quote
  #2512  
Unread 09-21-2018, 05:34 AM
sheepforsale sheepforsale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBettor View Post
Ok so the scapular plane is about 30 degrees forward (give or take) of the frontal plane. Doing lateral raises in this plane is recommended for safety reasons.

The slight forward lean is a separate recommendation with the idea of putting the lateral head more directly in line with resistance. You can stand up straight and do them, but you hit more front delt than you would if you had leaned over a bit. That's the (possibly over-) simplified version of it.

Upright row is a bit different because the humeral internal rotation already puts the lateral head in ideal position when standing straight up. Even this has some caveats.. e.g. you may find that a slight forward lean is even preferable here because feels better on the shoulder. Or not.. it's highly individual.
Brilliant, cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #2513  
Unread 09-23-2018, 12:56 PM
ajm587 ajm587 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 122
Default

"For the Thu/Fri workouts either Repeat the first two or make some slight exercise substitutions."

Would there be any noticeable advantages or disadvantages of doing different variations instead of the same exercises on each day?

i.e.

Upper A

DB Row 3-4x6-8
Lat Pulldown 2-3x10-12

Upper B

Pull-ups 3-4x6-8
Cable Row 2-3x10-12

vs.

Upper A

DB Row 3-4x6-8
Lat Pulldown 2-3x10-12

Upper B

Lat Pulldown 3-4x6-8
DB Row 2-3x10-12
Reply With Quote
  #2514  
Unread 09-23-2018, 03:36 PM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,879
Default

Totally fine either way

Last edited by w1cked : 09-23-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2515  
Unread 09-26-2018, 01:56 AM
PyromanXP PyromanXP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 110
Default

Hi everyone, I plan to use lyle GBR for few weeks eating at maintenance between two RFL cycles (diet break on lyle GBR basically).

Does it make sense to make the deload ? or as I will only be eating at maintenance should I be 100% all the time ? (my goal is to not lose any muscle mass during the maintenance)
Reply With Quote
  #2516  
Unread 09-26-2018, 03:30 AM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,879
Default

You can deload on maintenance phases yes
Reply With Quote
  #2517  
Unread 10-07-2018, 10:55 AM
bzyspecial bzyspecial is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4
Default

hey i started doing this routine,
i just cant do any pullup or chinup, so im using lat pulldown machine, but i have very long arms that decrease range of motion a little , i cant get stretch at the top when doing latpulldown ,any altarnatives ?

I heard negative reps is great way to increase chinups , but i dont know will that be okay to add that to this routine.
Reply With Quote
  #2518  
Unread 10-09-2018, 07:24 PM
LioRiX LioRiX is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LioRiX View Post
Hey guys, I can only workout 3 times a week now and I rather do FBWs. I know it has nothing to do with GBR but Im just afraid it won't be balanced as I thought it is.
Comments please:

A1
Squat
Bench press
Overhand wide grip (chest supported) row
Face pulls
Triceps exercise
Abs/Calves


A2
Leg press
Overhand press
RDL
Weighted pull-ups
Weighted dips
Biceps exercise
Abs/Calves


Goal is hypotherpy
Hi, as written above I've decided to do FBW, and I was wondering if replacing Squat with leg extensions will still make the program balanced and efficient (I really just hate squats :/)
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2519  
Unread 10-10-2018, 06:08 AM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzyspecial View Post
hey i started doing this routine,
i just cant do any pullup or chinup, so im using lat pulldown machine, but i have very long arms that decrease range of motion a little , i cant get stretch at the top when doing latpulldown ,any altarnatives ?

I heard negative reps is great way to increase chinups , but i dont know will that be okay to add that to this routine.
Kneel down on the floor in front of the pad you would sit on
Reply With Quote
  #2520  
Unread 10-11-2018, 01:55 AM
bzyspecial bzyspecial is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Kneel down on the floor in front of the pad you would sit on
i bought 2 type of resistance bands, now i dont need lat pulldown.
But i didnt tried them yet, i wonder even if i get 5,6 reps only with this bands can i build them to 12 reps ? is it necesarry to do 10-12 reps directly on this ?

and can i do banded pullups as my main movement ?

bench
banded pullups
ohp
row
biceps
triceps
?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.