BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-07-2014, 02:17 PM

Smile 5 days in and would like some help

I just have a few quick questions regarding this diet. I am a 26 year-old male, 5'7", with decent muscle mass. I'm category two and my diet consists strictly of egg whites, grilled chicken, tuna, and the occasional protein shake. I also get my multivitamin, EFA's, and broccoli throughout the day. I started the diet last Wednesday and have noticed the water weigh dropping off but I'm concerned about two things.

1. I'm really not struggling. I am mentally there, maybe slightly fatigued but overall having no issue at all only eating 600 some odd calories of protein per day. I don't ever feel extremely hungry and in fact I physically and mentally feel like I'm on a modest two or 300 cal deficiency diet. The couple lifting sessions and the gym have been fine for me as well. I'm concerned that my body, or rather my metabolic rate, has completely shut down to adjust for the lack of calories. Is this something I should be concerned about? I am seeing changes in the mirror but like I said this early I'm sure it's all water weight. I've read the horror stories about brain fog and inability to continue eating only protein and so far I've experienced none of that.

2. Should I be in ketosis? I've done Lyle's CKD diet before and I always saw a dark purple on the stick and today I am coming up on a week in and I hover between trace and moderate. I literally only eat canned tuna in water, eggbeaters, boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, and the occasional protein shake which has 3 g of carbs. I average maybe a cup and a half or 2 cups of broccoli per day. The rest is my multivitamin, EFA's, and water.

So these two things lead me to believe something is not quite right and I've read the book looking for something I've missed but could use some guidance if anybody has any suggestions. Thank you!
Unread 07-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldr87 View Post
I just have a few quick questions regarding this diet. I am a 26 year-old male, 5'7", with decent muscle mass. I'm category two and my diet consists strictly of egg whites, grilled chicken, tuna, and the occasional protein shake. I also get my multivitamin, EFA's, and broccoli throughout the day. I started the diet last Wednesday and have noticed the water weigh dropping off but I'm concerned about two things.

1. I'm really not struggling. I am mentally there, maybe slightly fatigued but overall having no issue at all only eating 600 some odd calories of protein per day. I don't ever feel extremely hungry and in fact I physically and mentally feel like I'm on a modest two or 300 cal deficiency diet. The couple lifting sessions and the gym have been fine for me as well. I'm concerned that my body, or rather my metabolic rate, has completely shut down to adjust for the lack of calories. Is this something I should be concerned about? I am seeing changes in the mirror but like I said this early I'm sure it's all water weight. I've read the horror stories about brain fog and inability to continue eating only protein and so far I've experienced none of that.

2. Should I be in ketosis? I've done Lyle's CKD diet before and I always saw a dark purple on the stick and today I am coming up on a week in and I hover between trace and moderate. I literally only eat canned tuna in water, eggbeaters, boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, and the occasional protein shake which has 3 g of carbs. I average maybe a cup and a half or 2 cups of broccoli per day. The rest is my multivitamin, EFA's, and water.

So these two things lead me to believe something is not quite right and I've read the book looking for something I've missed but could use some guidance if anybody has any suggestions. Thank you!
1) No.

2) Ketosis is irrelevant.