BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-28-2018, 06:02 PM

Diet adherence still @ 100%, 12 days in. Planning on a couple drinks tomorrow with my buddy who is joining the navy next month. Getting slammed by allergies since the beginning of this week. Strength hasn't suffered, hunger hasn't been an issue, but sleep and libido are still iffy, with reductions in mood and productivity (mostly from the sickness IMO)

Having water retention from anti histamines and what not but seeing some little results daily.
Unread 10-02-2018, 07:05 PM

Just got over a wicked bout of allergies and dysphoria. Contracted conjunctivitis too which isn't too bothersome, funny enough. Had a nice drop in waist size but holding a lot of water from taking a lot of benadryl for allergies. Gonna post some progress photos when I can. Diet still unchanged for the week. Why tweak things that's working, after all.

In terms of training, my deadlifts are getting much better (using more glutes and hams) and upper back strength movements are as well.
Unread 10-02-2018, 08:17 PM

do you pull conventional or sumo?
Unread 10-03-2018, 08:22 AM

Conventional, sumo felt bizzare couple times I tried. Doing back extensions with a weight behind my head (strict good mornings really), and ab wheel rollouts have been immensely helpful.
Unread 10-03-2018, 08:55 AM

Right on man. Might have to add those in
Unread 10-05-2018, 07:25 PM

Took a free meal wed with the woman, some vietnamese and a little ice cream and wine. Thursday session felt very strong. My allergies are still thrashing me but strength and performance haven't declined. I'm probably going to lessen my deficit a bit. Maybe 2300ish on rest days and 2600ish on training days. I'm not far from ending my dieting down phase.

Scale has been very funky, up to 207-209, most likely from the allergy meds. I don't mind this, having a heavier bodyweight has been helpful with keeping leverages good.

The most helpful change I made this year wrt dieting is reducing palatability. I got the idea from stephan guyenet and mike israetel maybe couple years ago, but never implemented it, and it has been insanely useful. Even with a huge 1000 cal deficit my potato/chicken/spinach/liver/milk protein diet has been very satiating with almost no hunger pangs or cravings. When I took the diet break few weeks ago only things I added was grits and cheese. As I increase calories and (hopefully) move to maintenance in a couple weeks all I'm going to do is increase servings of the same food and keep protein jacked (260-280g now @ ~203-205, which is 1.3-1.4g/lb of total bw)

Last edited by w1cked : 10-05-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Unread 10-07-2018, 12:17 PM

Maybe taking a couple days off gym/diet. My child's mother ended up in the E.R. with same symptoms that have been screwing with me since last week, turns out she had sinusitis (?). On a dose of anti biotics and something else atm. I'd rather let this heal fully since it's more than just seasonal allergies, and I'm still a bit nauseous unless I take benadryl.
Unread 10-12-2018, 04:55 AM

204.6 this morning. Couple days off and sleep have me back at normal again. Here's photos from this morning and a screenshot of my calories and bw for 4 wks. Might be the most hilariously shaped curve as far as bw goes, normally dieting down gives me pretty linear readings. I estimate about 12%, which gives me another 2% or so to shave off..that's another 4 lbs. This is my 4th week cutting. I'll take a diet break in 2 wks regardless whether I reach that goal and decide what to do from that point.

10/12/18, 204.6 lbs https://imgur.com/a/wPj3ZMM
Unread 10-12-2018, 05:07 AM

Looking great man, keep it up.
Unread 10-17-2018, 04:59 AM

4 wks into diet vs now (13th week including 2 wk break). I wasn't weighing food or bw at that point so I'm not sure of bodyweight.

http://imgur.com/a/nAT8TEm

Scale dropped nicely since last post, bottomed out at 202.2 yesterday and hit 203 today. I can see some subtle changes.

https://imgur.com/a/t3j5w9v

Lifts are feeling heavier but I've got some room to push even on these low calories. Hit 345x8, 2208, 395x8 on the big 3 last week. The numbers arent great but I've picked up doing barbell lifts again as of...8ish weeks ago?

Going on a maintenance phase after next week ends. Hopefully will be very close to my desired level of leanness, because I'm hungry to make some progress in the gym.