BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-28-2017, 08:46 PM

Default Used copies of books

Are we allowed to advertise and sell used copies of Lyle's books on this forum?
Unread 03-01-2017, 12:55 AM

Of course you can reference it if it's relevant in the context of a topic.

I'm note sure what you mean by 'sell' though.
Unread 03-01-2017, 04:38 AM

So, you'd be making money off his work and denying future sales of his own products at the same time, off his own site.... I'd probably think about that.
Unread 03-01-2017, 07:22 AM

Voodoo, that's why I asked first.

I have no use for them so the options are pass them along to someone else, or toss in the recycling bin. Personally I'd rather see them used by someone else, but there is literally no one that I know who would even care to read them.

If I can't, I can't. It's not the end of the world. But I thought I'd check.
Unread 03-01-2017, 08:16 AM

If he bought the book(s) new originally he wouldn't be "making money off [Lyle's] work", but rather just recouping some of his original expenses. I do agree that putting them out on the secondary market could conceivably eliminate a future sale or two of whatever books he's thinking about selling, but, one could also envision that it might spark additional interest in Lyle's work, which in turn could generate additional website visitors and potential sales of new material. The net effect could go either way.

OP, maybe donate it? If you Google on something like "where to donate used books", all kinds of options appear. I'd think that if you sent the books on their way via one of those routes, they'd at least have a chance of landing in the hands of folks that probably wouldn't have bought them new anyway, which in turn at least provides further exposure to Lyle's work. If this ends up generating even one additional sale of a new book from his site, excellent! If not, well, at the very least it provides the chance to expose someone out there to real, honest-to-God first class information on the subject. Given the sea of drivel that exists out there in this field, I'd find it hard to argue that this wouldn't be a good thing.

Anyway, just thinking aloud.
Unread 03-01-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadfubach View Post
Voodoo, that's why I asked first.

I have no use for them so the options are pass them along to someone else, or toss in the recycling bin. Personally I'd rather see them used by someone else, but there is literally no one that I know who would even care to read them.

If I can't, I can't. It's not the end of the world. But I thought I'd check.
Yep, I get it. I wasn't being funny or anything. I think your best bet would be to pm him about it.
Unread 03-02-2017, 06:27 PM

I tend to err on the side of buying books new from living authors. They get a pittance of the sales revenue, even with self published work like Lyle's. I'd suggest selling it used, but giving Lyle whatever loyalties he would have made.