BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-23-2017, 11:19 AM

Default How do you cook your chicken?

How do you guys cook your chicken? When I try cooking it on the stove with the frying pan it taste great when I first eat it, but the next day it is dry, rubbery and nasty! So, I don't want to cook them on the frying pan unless I'm eating them the same day.

How else do you guys cook your chicken? Boiling it? Microwaving it?

I just buying the rotissre chickens from the supermarket and using the meat from them, the problem with that is they are so high in fat..
Unread 04-23-2017, 11:38 AM

I grill em (fortunate to have a gas bbq)
If its that dry, maybe you're cooking it to much?
I'm a boneless skinless thigh man myself, them breasts are waaay to dry
Unread 04-23-2017, 12:10 PM

Oh, you take them outside and do it on the BBQ?
Unread 04-23-2017, 02:43 PM

Here some methods I use for succulent chicken breasts:

1. sous-vide chicken breast: about four hours @ 60C. This method is tedious to set-up but oh-so-worth it.

2. I've also done breasts and even whole chicken in my rice cooker: chicken + onion, lavender, salt and pepper. With my current rice cooker I start it on the "white-rice" cycle and use the "keep warm" one hour per 500g chicken (usually about two hours with my current rice cooker and most birds)

3. slow-cooker. chicken + onion, lavender, salt and pepper and a bit of liquid. I use the lowest cook setting (I use a remote temperature probe to ensure the breast temp reaches 60C) and then I use the hold-warm function to keep it at that temp for at least three more hours. I reduce the time by 25% for every increase of temp by 2C. so a breast that reached 62C in the low heat setting needs that temp held for about 2hr 15minutes and 64C for about an hour and 40 minutes.
4. Use google as well - Add "site:lylemcdonald.com". Google can find those short strings of letters.
5. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
6. Check the STICKY threads.
7. use google to find all my posts.
8. Supplement evidence
9. Private message are cheerfully ignored.
Unread 04-23-2017, 02:57 PM

Chicken +salsa + slow cooker
Unread 04-23-2017, 08:24 PM

nothing to add beyond what's said, but start brining your chicken, it'll be a lot more tender. 150g kosher salt/1 liter water (same ratio if you need more/less liquid) and submerge the meat for a few hours. Rinse before cooking.
Unread 04-23-2017, 08:54 PM

I do mine in the sandwich press between sheets of baking paper - not for too long. But I tend to do batches of 1-2kg and then freeze them so I find this to be the quickest and easiest way.
Unread 04-23-2017, 09:16 PM

If you want not-fat flavored tender chicken breast, poach or brine.

If you brine, add what spices you desire. Find a recipe. I could write 1000, I don't want to. I like a grilled/broiled breast, honestly. I like fresh chicken. I like roasted chicken.

I like to cut a chicken in half, debone, brine, truss into a log, grill, roast, and cut into rounds. Most tender chicken. That's a secret. Not fat free.

For breasts, if you poach, poach it in something tasting like the flavor you want it to acquire. Works like that, basically. There could be acid, spice, broth, whatever. Chicken breast in chicken stock is pretty novel. Cook at a simmer 'til tender. Takes quite a while, that's how a braise works. It's around 180 degrees, breaking it down to gelatin.

Eat alone or take the breasts and pull them, season with tomatillo puree and spices, have a kale taco or something silly diet thing like that.
Unread 04-24-2017, 06:32 AM

I'm very creative with my cooking... It's just 40 min in the oven baking on 400 degrees every week when I do meal prep.
Unread 04-24-2017, 06:54 AM

Same day - fry both side on stove top. Salt/Pepper. Simple and effective. That is for chicken breasts. Chicken breasts require a lot of work if you don't want it to be bland so I tend to eat chicken thighs a lot more and the fat serves as a lot of my fat intake for the day.