Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-25-2012, 08:51 AM

You need to hold the cat upside down...
Unread 05-25-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist View Post
You need to hold the cat upside down...
Or maybe smooth side out, brand side in.

//bstrong
Unread 05-26-2012, 05:01 AM

May 26: 148.2 this morning. It's a weird whoosh, but I'll take it.

Workout was upper body. Felt a bit weak on bench, so it's something to watch. Rows and pullups were fine.

DH bought me a sodastream for my birthday, and I love it. It's essentially a home CO2 unit to make sparkling water; you could accomplish the same thing with a kegging system, although that might mean sacrificing a beer tap for sparkling water (NOT). I easily went through 3 liters of sparkling water yesterday, whereas I have to force myself to drink that much plain tap water or add Crystal Light or some such.

//bstrong
Unread 05-26-2012, 07:12 AM

Nice, got a link? We rip through LaCroix like you wouldn't believe here in addition to bottled water. May as well just roll our own.
Unread 05-26-2012, 04:37 PM

Sodastream

They're pretty widely available now, including at our small-town Target.

//bstrong
Unread 06-07-2012, 05:14 AM

Been lurking rather than logging. Nice to see so many "regulars" making good progress.

I'm coming off nearly two weeks of diet break, post-PSMF. It didn't go especially well, but there's nothing to be done except get back on the horse.

This time I have a fixed endpoint for this cycle: a 10-day backcountry trip starting in early July. The plan is to hit it hard for the next two weeks, ease into a moderate diet the following week (during which I have both a work trip and a family visit), and then it's into the wilds.

//bstrong
Unread 06-09-2012, 04:55 PM

6/5 kick-off-the-diet day
6/6 partial depletion w/out: UD2.0 with 2 rounds legs + 1 round arms
6/7 depletion w/out 2 rounds arms
6/8 depletion w/out 1 round legs + 45 min cardio
6/9 basic diet day, will do some cardio this evening

I'm not really doing UD2.0, since my schedule and the gym's open hours didn't overlap enough for me to do the depletion workouts properly. I wish it could be a warm-up week for a real cycle of UD2.0 next week, but I'm going to get even busier at work for the next two weeks, and then I start traveling. C'st la vie.

I ordered a long-sleeved shirt on line for one of my upcoming trips. Big mistake. Although the sleeves were long enough, they were uncomfortably tight across my biceps. It's a common problem for me these days. (Dang chicken-armed models!) That, and "tailored" blouses that if they fit in the shoulders are way too baggy around the waist. I need to find a brand that makes an "athletic" cut of women's dressy shirts, like some manufacturers do for men's shirts. (Suggestions?)

//bstrong
Unread 06-09-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstrong View Post
I ordered a long-sleeved shirt on line for one of my upcoming trips. Big mistake. Although the sleeves were long enough, they were uncomfortably tight across my biceps. It's a common problem for me these days. (Dang chicken-armed models!) That, and "tailored" blouses that if they fit in the shoulders are way too baggy around the waist. I need to find a brand that makes an "athletic" cut of women's dressy shirts, like some manufacturers do for men's shirts. (Suggestions?)
Hello.
I've been enjoying reading your log!

Tell me about those ridiculous chicken-armed models.
I am afraid I don't have any suggestions for clothes makers that make athletic cuts for women...but that's a nice problem to have!
I don't miss not fitting into my "skinny" tops anymore. They are way too tight around the shoulders...I used to get so upset when I don't fit into my clothes, but now I don't care the slightest bit.
I read this the other day from somewhere(can't remember where):
Skinny girls may look good in clothes, but fit girls look good naked
Unread 06-10-2012, 07:03 PM

Thx, Yogikick. I'm cheering you on, too.

6/10. Upper body workout based on GBR. Played around in the pool for an hour or so, too.

Good diet day: 2.5 chicken breasts, 1/2 c. cottage cheese, 1/4 c. Greek yogurt, a lot of veggies, and a lot of water.

//bstrong
Unread 06-12-2012, 06:08 AM

6/11

No workout except walking to and from work. Not a big deal, except it was 90 degrees F and uphill. (Both ways, even.)

Decent diet day: egg whites and coffee for breakfast, chicken with RFL veggies for lunch, SF jello for snack, and dinner of roasted Brussels sprouts & grass-fed sirloin steak. The steak and sprouts were higher fat than usual, but it was definitely delish.

Back to the gym today. Fortunately, the heat wave broke last night, so it will be tolerable to work out in the gym that has better equipment. (I can access two gyms with one membership: one is a real lifter's gym but lacks AC and has ridiculously short summer hours; the other has AC, at least occasionally, and somewhat longer hours but is pretty much a chrome-n-tone gym.)

//bstrong