BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-06-2018, 02:31 PM

Default Metabolic training question

I tried posting this in the ud2 section but wasn't sure if that was the best place.

I did ud2 about 7 years ago and I was probably around 17% bf when I started. Finished up around 10ish and got in the best shape of my life. Now at 42 I'm not as young as before and I'm back around 17-18%. I've been doing borderline rfl but definitely a vlcd for about 4 weeks and lifting high intensity/low volume 3x per week. Here's the thing, maybe my fat is dropping but the subcutaneous stubborn fat definitely dropped faster when I did ud2 years ago. I don't really think it's not dropping as fast because I'm older now, I think it's because of the depletion workouts that had a nice afterburn and melted the stubborn fat A LOT faster. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?
Unread 11-06-2018, 07:34 PM

I'll let other, more knowledgeable people give you a good answer.

If you're male, then what you're talking about is probably not stubborn fat. It's just fat fat. Now, I don't know if it melts off faster because of something like UD2. i don't really see why it would. Lots of people get good results without doing such a complicated program.
Unread 11-06-2018, 08:47 PM

I just call it stubborn bc it's so hard to get rid of...definitely subcutaneous. I would rather not do full on ud2 to get rid of it bc the adherence of that diet is very hard but I'm definitely going to try some metabolic/depletion lifts so I was wondering if anyone had experience with this type of training for losing fat outside of ud2?
Unread 11-06-2018, 10:43 PM

My experience is it basically makes no difference.

We have to reach consensus on the meaning of stubborn fat. Defined here, this is fat you'll have trouble getting rid of as you get very lean.

You're talking about being 18% bodyfat. Do you think metabolic training aesthetically improves body composition during weight loss somehow better than heavy tension training does? Does that makes sense?
Unread 11-07-2018, 12:54 AM

No idea.
Unread 11-07-2018, 08:28 PM

haha. Well, it doesn't really make sense. More likely, your body has changed in 7 years. Depletion workouts and refeeds definitely shift water around. This can make for more obvious visual changes. But either way, when you get to 10-11% bodyfat, stubborn fat will be there, and it will be stubborn.