BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-02-2017, 07:40 AM

Default RFL 18-24hr fasting style

Category 1

Started out 135lbs w/ maybe 12-15%bf on Oct 11.
After 12 days I got down to 123.4lbs (Oct 23)

and today I'm a stable 130lbs but just a bit leaner and smaller than before starting the PSMF diet. I am totally satisfied with the results and I'm currently at maintenance for awhile til I start UD2 sometime early next year.

It wasn't that hard to be honest...well til the end when I couldn't wait for the refeed. I got a break from the gym and my shoulder impingement got better. I started fasting back in July due to a recommendation from a very close friend and I got to say it is one of the best decisions of my life. I get to eat much bigger meals and go to bed satisfied, not hungry.

I know for some people fasting is controversial but it all boils down to energy balance. As long as you get all the required calories, macros and micros in a 24hr window, you will achieve your goal. Fasting is just a diet strategy, nothing more.

I honesty think without the 18-24hr fasting, I wouldn't have been able to finish the RFL diet. Especially it being all low carb and all. As long as I drank water and diet soda throughout the day, I wouldn't think about food.

In the 12 days of PSMF I ate chicken breast, tuna w/mustard and sweet relish, spinach, broccoli, cucumbers, protein cake (whey protein+egg+egg whites and then 50sec in the microwave) and my special low carb mocha shake. I also drank coconut water to get more potassium in. So it would feel like I was eating a 3 course meal at the end of the day.
Unread 11-02-2017, 08:38 AM

I have the same experience running RFL. Several runs I've been eating 4 to 5 smaller meals per day. I was hungry all the time and missed a lot of sleep because of it. When switching to an 18hr fast, all problems were fixed. Hardly any hunger throughout the day and I could eat much more before bed.

I'm not sure if it's 100% optimal in terms muscle preservation, but it's hands down the best way to adhere to such a diet.
Unread 11-02-2017, 09:57 AM

My experience reflects thus as well. Ud 2.0 is easier with if too on first 4 days. I used ec and nicotine during the fast.
Unread 11-02-2017, 11:04 AM

OP on day 4 of a CAT 1 run right now. I also eat between 6pm-10pm each day so I'm technically doing a RFL Intermittent fast. I don't know about zero hunger; I'm feeling kinda crappy right now but it is convenient to wake up, have a 0 calorie energy drink and than just head out to work without having to worry about eating breakfast or packing lunch.

Also, can you explain your protein pancake a bit more?

Are you saying you just mixed whey protein+ 1 egg+ egg whites in a bowl, mixed it up, and microwaved it and that is it? No other prep or cooking involved?
Unread 11-02-2017, 08:20 PM

Scoop Whey Protein + whole egg + water or walden farms syrup. Mix it all in til it becomes cake batter consistency.

It all depends on how much protein you want or need at that moment, so you can add egg whites or more whey but ideally you want one egg/egg white per scoop of whey. You definitely want at least one whole egg in it because with just egg whites, it dries up and gets all hard. Then put it in the microwave for like 40-50sec (depends on your microwave power, you'll have to experiment). It should look like lava cake in the middle, you don't want to overheat it or else it'll be really dry. I cut it all up and add more walden farms on top of it.

It's basically cake without the bake. My close friend showed me it. Drinking whey protein isn't always satisfying so this is a quick way to eat it instead.

https://i.imgur.com/cunte3N.jpg