BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-18-2018, 09:05 PM

Default On the Cusp of Cat 1 and 2

I started RFL last week. I got pretty puffy at 150 lbs, 5'4" and estimated my body fat at 25% and I have been following what the calculator gave me.

Today I was curious and entered my stats with a 24% body fat and it pushes me from a category 2 to 1 with almost an extra 100 grams of protein.

Now I'm really considering pushing my protein up. I trained really hard while I was gaining so I obviously want to maintain that muscle best I can while cleaning up some fat.

I am assuming it would be annoying to ask here for a body fat estimate. I asked some MFP followers but I got everything from 20-25%.

So....I didn't really ask a question. Advice?
Unread 01-19-2018, 08:55 AM

Diversify your assets, floss daily.
Unread 01-19-2018, 09:00 AM

What's the worst that can happen when you increase protein a bit?

I think the best way is to see yourself as a true cat 1. It's better to lose fat slightly slower but maintaining muscle than taking the risk.
Unread 01-19-2018, 11:52 AM

I could be wrong, but I believe the book says to go with the higher category in borderline cases.
Unread 01-19-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
What's the worst that can happen when you increase protein a bit?

I think the best way is to see yourself as a true cat 1. It's better to lose fat slightly slower but maintaining muscle than taking the risk.
Good point good point. I think I shall. Won't take the first refeed and just do it when a category 1 would. Honestly I look so much freaking better I might be done after 12 days anyway.
Unread 01-19-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertCleverNameHere View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe the book says to go with the higher category in borderline cases.
I don't remember it saying that. Will give it a look tomorrow.
Unread 01-20-2018, 07:25 AM

I just looked it up and I was wrong. P. 31 says to go with the LOWER category.
Unread 01-20-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephie.nyc View Post
Good point good point. I think I shall. Won't take the first refeed and just do it when a category 1 would. Honestly I look so much freaking better I might be done after 12 days anyway.
That's great.

Minor note: when doing RFL you will lose a lot of water and the lack of carbs give you less bloat. The body generally looks much leaner when on the diet. At least that's my experience. When you're back to maintenance, you can gauge more precisely what kind of progress you've made.
Unread 01-21-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
That's great.

Minor note: when doing RFL you will lose a lot of water and the lack of carbs give you less bloat. The body generally looks much leaner when on the diet. At least that's my experience. When you're back to maintenance, you can gauge more precisely what kind of progress you've made.
Good point. I know I look better on less carbs anyway. I'll assess next week.
Unread 01-21-2018, 07:16 PM

So. I'm anal. When I do things like this I want them to be perfect because I like experiments and extremes. I can go to therapy if I want to discuss that though.

What I'm wondering now is...I screwed up. I think I should have been cat 1 all along. I had a refeed on day 7 though (more because of life happening than anything) and my protein has been that of a cat 2, which is low.

So now what? Up my protein for the week and take a full diet break after the 12 days? Or push it a day or two longer since I took a refeed?

Also, upping my protein to that extent basically just brings me to a 1200 cal diet. And as a 5'4" lightly active female, that's not really even that aggressive anymore. Kind of feel like I might as well just finish cleaning up at that point, even if it takes another week.