BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-01-2017, 01:56 PM

Default 6 weeks of RFL

Hello,

A bit of background: I've been a fan of Lyle's since about 2006 when I was transitioning from middle school to high school. I was the fat kid in school and had developed some self-destructing habits such as stress and late night binge eating.

When I had finally reached what I felt like was rock bottom, I found the internet to be an awesome resource for support. I was a frequent contributer to the WannaBeBig forums and through that discovered the utility of food logging and consistent training.

I went from fat 190 to pudgy-strong 180 over the course of a year. I wanted to be slim. That's when someone recommended I look into Lyle's resources and to jump start my efforts towards 175 I embarked on RFL. I was dialed-in to a T. Measuring every morsel of chicken and consuming a soccer field of broccoli later, I finally reached my goal of 160. That was 2008.

College went well, I was active and ate well, but the past few years in the corporate world have taken a toll on my body. After the past winter of hibernation I am accepting the lifestyle change needed to regain the energy and self esteem I once had with an active lifestyle.

That said, over the past 3 months, I got fat. I have quite a lot of muscle-mass due to powerlifting/crossfit and cycling but I am at what I would estimate to be 30% BF.

The past week I have been eating less to prepare for a bootcamp of PSMF which my goal is to last 6 weeks. I have read RFL at least 6 times in its entirety (and UD2.0, and a lot of Ketogenic, and several others of the staple publications) so I have a pretty good background on what this entails.

I plan on eating 950 calories/day of mostly chicken and broccoli. I will be logging my weight here periodically, link to fitday, and also update daily on three metrics: Mind, Body, and Spirit. I will rank them 1-10 with a brief comment.

I'll also take progress pics, but will share them at a later date.

Regards,

bitcoinbull
Unread 03-01-2017, 08:29 PM

Day 1: 3/1/17

Meal 1: Chicken Breast/Broccoli/Chili Paste/Cayenne Peppee

Meal 2: Egg Beaters (1 cup) and 1/2 cup FF Cottage Cheese

Fish oil in morning x 6g

Calories: 907, Protein: 138g

Mind: Clear. Glad I eased into this. Long road ahead but I think I am ready.
Body: No training today. Feeling under trained right now but all-in-all okay.
Spirit: Praying for the consistency and determination to see through to results on this bad boy.

Last edited by bitcoinbull : 03-01-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Unread 03-01-2017, 09:49 PM

All the best with your journal. RFL for six weeks makes me cringe, but those that can do it deserve a plaque for disciplined.
Unread 03-02-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion009 View Post
All the best with your journal. RFL for six weeks makes me cringe, but those that can do it deserve a plaque for disciplined.
At 30% body fat, I could see it not being too difficult actually past the first week. Once you get into that full blown ketosis, I found that for me hunger was suppressed so much I had to force myself to eat. I did one stint of RFL many years ago and that was my experience.

OP good luck. I subscribed and will be following along.
Unread 03-02-2017, 04:48 PM

Day 2:

Lunch: Grilled Chicken Breast, Steamed (but still kind of raw) Broccoli, Chili Paste, Cayenne Pepper, Potassium Salt

Dinner: Lean turkey burger, Asparagus

950 calories, ~140g protein. Fish oil.

Mind: Didn't sleep too great last night, but hunger is at bay. Feeling confident.
Body: Just walking today. And not much of it. Going to wait until next week to start a very low volume morning workout routine. No EC yet, but I have it. Going to start that next week as well at very low dose.. probably 12.5/100 once a day then increase to twice, three times a day as the week goes by. Going to see how that goes until normal 25/200.
Spirit: It's not fun not getting sleep at this point, but I am embracing the way my body feels not being full all the time and craving my next order of BiteSquad.

By the way, my starting weight was 275.1 ... that was very bloated and uh...the heaviest I've ever seen the scale. Weigh-in this coming sunday.

I should probably add how I'm getting as much protein as needed with two meal entries. For lunch I measure out about 2/3 of my protein requirements for the day and add vegetables and spice. Put all of that in a skillet, add water and cover for ~8 minutes... then just make little bowls throughout the day until its gone. I work from home 2-3 days/week and this helps me work slowly through what I'm allowed on this diet.

Last edited by bitcoinbull : 03-02-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Unread 03-03-2017, 06:00 PM

Day 3:

Meal 1: Turkey Burger (~8 oz), Asparagus Spears

Meals 2-4: Oven baked chicken breast, Broccoli, Ceyenne Pepper, Ghost Pepper Sauce, Potassium Salt

~160g protein

Lots of water, 6g fish oil, psyllium husks, l-tryptophan, 1 large ice coffee in the morning

Mind/Body/Spirit: How I'm going to rate these is 1-10, but more on like a pain-threshold sort of scale. 1 being all is well, we doin', 'sall good son. 10 being the worst possible... unbearable, why tf am I doing this in the first place, bad.

Mind: 3. A little more hungry today, but spaced out meals and the morning coffee definitely helped. I'm not sure if the l-tryptophan is placebo effect at this point, but taking 2 grams last night and throughout the day today has an enormous calming effect. I'm expecting to sleep well tonight. Last night not many hours.. maybe 4-5.. but woke pretty well rested.

Body: 3. Again, hunger pains. Haven't been moving all that much to be honest. Walking when possible. I've made the mistake on this diet before of working out too heavily, so I'm going to tiltrate with only adding that next week. That said, definitely already feeling more energy, lighter on my feet, I can feel the initial water falling off and I'm prepared for the grind. Even though I dont like that word. Ya know what, it's not a grind, it's a fight. I'm ready to fight.

Spirit: 3. Pretty smooth sailing so far. Again, praying for consistency throughout the weekend. Going to a concert which I would normally get shwasted at. Will probably just smoke a cig, sip on water, and maybe smoke something else.

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by bitcoinbull : 03-03-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Unread 03-04-2017, 08:45 PM

Day 4: 10oz chicken, steamed broccoli

late dinner: 10 oz chicken, steamed broccoli

m/b/s: 3/3/3

groggy in the morning but no hunger at all today. eating was a chore. this l tryptophan is legit... very helpful with sleep. weigh in tomorrow.
Unread 03-05-2017, 11:56 AM

Serotonin can indirectly increase melatonin levels. When I supplement with melatonin, I get the same 'groggy' effect in the morning. However, I feel that my sleep is definitely deeper and of more quality.

Anyway, good luck with your RFL journey!
Unread 03-05-2017, 12:01 PM

Good luck on your journey!

Interesting approach with your m/b/s system! Tracking the psychological side of dieting is quite smart... so I will copy that idea if you dont mind
Unread 03-05-2017, 04:52 PM

Good luck on RFL! I'll check in on your log here and there as I am also progressing on RFL and I'm in it for the long-haul too