BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Default The LTDFLE

Article on the main site
Unread 02-02-2010, 09:25 AM

"In the same way that fitness sometimes continues to fitness after the period of heavy loading"

This needs fixing.

Edit: "as opposed to know when I’m simply usually sure I do"

"The LTDFLE is a bit differen and can last from 4-7 days"

These too.

Otherwise a good, solid article. Thanks.

Last edited by JMo87 : 02-02-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Unread 02-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Administrator

got 'em with a few others ,thanks
Unread 02-10-2010, 04:34 AM

Hi Lyle,

A question about this statement:

Quote:
In fact, thereís actually even a weird study from back in the late-90ís that saw this although the researchers had no clue what was actually going on (because nutrition researchers donít read enough basic science/endocrinology). In it, folks were dieted hard for 4 weeks and then progressively refed (raising calories over the 5th week towards maintenance). Body weight kept going down in Week 5 despite the gradually increasing calories (as I recall, they didnít measure body composition).
Are you saying that on week 5, they went right back to maintenance, or slowly ramped up to it? It seems like you're implying the latter. So given this, wouldn't it make sense that bodyweight would continue to fall at week 5, since the caloric intake of the experimental group hadn't yet reached maintenance, but was still under and in the process of being ramped up?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding here.
Unread 02-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Gradual increase.
Unread 02-10-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Gradual increase.
Right. So given that, and given that on week 5 they were still below maintenance, just at a smaller deficit... wouldn't it make sense that they continued to lose weight?

Or is what you're saying that the rate at which they continued to lose remained the same as the preceding weeks?
Unread 02-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Administrator

I read the study like 10 years ago adn would have to read it again to answer you.
Unread 02-11-2010, 04:54 AM

small typo...
"as calories are brought up, people continue to get visible (y) and measurably leaner."
Unread 02-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Thank you
Unread 03-07-2010, 02:34 PM

I have experienced LTDFLE 3 or 4 times and now understand how it occurred. What had happened was I would go on a zone based diet for 12 weeks at a time basically for bjj competition to help make weight. For reference just an amateur, not a professional athlete. During my weight loss period I adhered to the zone principles 90 to 95 percent of the time, with no alcohol. Well as soon as I got done with the 12 week program and competition the thing I would do is go out, celebrate, and have a few margaritas. Each of these margaritas from what I have been told has between 500 to 600 calories, so I roughly assumed that I was getting an extra 400 to 500 carbohydrates(3-4 margaritas) the rest of the night with fat free chips and salsa. All I know is the next morning and a few days after that I was disgustingly ripped, urinating alot, and here is the kicker going down in weight. I know it stopped after the 3rd or 4th day but was shocked as to how defined I looked and then started eating a 1/2 gallon of ice cream every day for the next week get bloated, eat normal and look strong a month later. After reading your article it makes sense how LTDFLE happened to me.