BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-04-2009, 08:23 PM

Default 1-day depletion

Probably a flame-worthy question, but if this question qualifies for me being told how much of an idiot I am for asking this; PLEASE let me know WHY so I can learn hehehe.

Can the depletion be done in one day?

Since it's all about volume as you (Lyle) say, then could I pack that volume up in one day?

Not asking this because I have any problems with going to the gym on two days theoretically, but I got boxing training two days a week, and there is no way I could box and deplete at the same day. Anyone who's experienced in boxing know how you feel after a boxing session.

Question number two (and second reason to be called a forum-space-waster): Should the little amount of carbs you're allowed on depletion days be scheduled around the workout(s) (either before or after) for any reason?

Thanks for reply (if I get any that is)
Unread 11-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Administrator

1. You certainly can (and some have done this) but it will make you very very unhappy
2. Spread them out, putting them around workout defeats the purpose
Unread 11-04-2009, 08:29 PM

WOW!

That was the best and certainly fastest help I have ever received in my training life.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

IF you have the time...
Any recommendation of how I should do it?
Add circuits, add sets, add.....?

And another thing, what are your thoughts on the tabata method for depletion? Some "experts" online recommended that for others on another forum on the topic of depletion.
Unread 11-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Administrator

You do full depletion on one day. That's it. The volume you'd normally do in 2 days you do it in one.

So 12 sets per bodypart for everything. Expect 2-3 hours in the gym. And pain, lots and lots of pain.

Tabata for anything but it was originally developed for is stupid IMO.
Unread 11-05-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
You do full depletion on one day. That's it. The volume you'd normally do in 2 days you do it in one.

So 12 sets per bodypart for everything. Expect 2-3 hours in the gym. And pain, lots and lots of pain.
To echo the last part, I had to do this once or twice due to scheduling issues. It was about the most miserable I've ever been in the gym.

If there is any way you can spread it out over the recommended two days, I would strongly suggest doing so.

ALSO: if boxing training is a priority, the UD2 might not be a good fit. If boxing and depletion workouts are impossible for you to do on the same day, how do you think boxing while depleted is going to go?

hint: the right answer is "lousy"
Unread 11-08-2009, 04:31 AM

I usually do all my depletion on the same day: Monday morning. It's not fun, but I'd rather take the pain all at once rather that spread out over two days. I take a five minute break after an hour and do everything in supersets to save time (e.g. cable flyes/ cable rows).
Unread 11-08-2009, 02:09 PM

Edit: nvm, re-read the book.

Last edited by Omn : 11-11-2009 at 12:45 PM.