BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-10-2009, 02:37 PM

Default From UD2 to contest prep.

In 3 weeks i have a upcoming contest, the problem is that since i haven't used UD2 as a contest diet I'm not fully sure how to do the last weeks transition.

In normal case i would load on Fri PM/Sat then following the guidelines with depletion o tue/wed. Would the UD2 protocol for depletion be enough? The UD2 depletion lack some ab work, if you look at the schedule in the book. Should this be added? Will the body respond differently to a normal high sodium/ high water prep when following UD2?

Should i really do a full carb up fri/sat?

Many questions perhaps, just don't want to screw it up the last week.
Unread 11-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Administrator

a. Yes, add abs

The normal thing to do with UD2 into the final week is to extend the lowcarb phase and save the carb-load until Wed/Thu at the latest. This gives you Friday to drop any water.

So counting backwards
Sat: contest
Fri: low carb/low veggies/whatever you do to drop water the day before
Thu: finish-carbload if you haven't already
Wed: tension workout, start carbload
Tue: lowcarb, cardio if needed
Mon: lowcarb, cardio if needed
Sun: Short full body tension workout, lowcarb
Sat: lowcarb, cardio if needed
Fri: lowcarb, cardio if needed
Thu: tension workout, stay lowcarb
Wed: lowcarb
Mon/Tue: depletion, lowcarb

Blade has also written about things like sodium and water and he's far more up to date on it than I am. Find his posts.
Unread 11-11-2009, 06:19 AM

Thank's for the advice Lyle. I only see one problem with this kind of schedule, that's the fact that i will compete in athletic fitness wich involves chins, dips and rowing for 1 min (maximal output).

The issue then would be that if i carb up on wednesday saturday and then just stick to low carb i might feel low on energy. Is there some way to add carbs on competition day without impacting bloating to much. The problem is that i really want to look dry and hard for the PJ and still have a lot of energy for the chins,dips and rowing.

would this affect the water intake as well? I mean i don't want to be to low on minerals when doing the rowing.

I'm really confused at the moment, as you might notice
Unread 11-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Why are you trying to do a bodybuilding contest while 'competing' in something else? Pick one.
Unread 11-11-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Why are you trying to do a bodybuilding contest while 'competing' in something else? Pick one.

I did not say i was doing a bodybuilding contest i just said contest, Athletic fitness isn't bodybuilding but does have requirements on leanness and how "hard and dry" you are. I agree that i could have been more clear on that point, my fault. The competition is based on 3 parts, first off muscular symmetry with poses like fitness, second hand strength elements (chins,dips) and third rowing.

I may have been blurry altough, not that many carbs digested today.

So i would gladely hear your opinions on how to best structure the last week to come in as hard and dry as possible as well as with energy for the other competition elements.
Unread 11-17-2009, 05:48 PM

Ok so i have decided to follow your schedule Lyle!

Just want to have one further question answered. How should the macros look for the last days, i would like to up the calories a bit.

If i would like to avoid muscle glycogen restoration, is it safe with lets say 56g CHO, 250g Protein (1,5g/lb) and approx. 53g fat? I'm 73kg atm with 70-71kg LBM at the moment.

If i want to raise calories even further which of the macros should i raise preferably then?

Hope I'm not being a pain in the I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post., but want to be certain that everything goes smooth for the big day.