BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-28-2018, 08:57 PM

That seems a bit underwhelming. Did it at least help you with depression?

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 03-29-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
That seems a bit underwhelming. Did it at least help you with depression?
I don't think so, or at least not noticeably. There have been a lot of other things that happened that made my situation worse, so it's also hard to say what the effect of it was. Just too many confounders. I don't have any side effects, and I don't think it made anything worse, though. I think I had chest pain for a week or so a few weeks after I started, but that ceased and everything has been fine otherwise.

I guess I'm still taking it because of it supposedly speeding up your metabolism a bit (I never found out how exactly, but apparently it's not indirectly via hunger or having more energy). I also feel I have more energy now, but I started taking T3 a few months before I started bupropion, and I again can't remember when I started noticing this. I definitely remember there being a significant difference with T3 (I had hypothyroidism and T4 didn't help, because my body didn't convert it to T3), but I'm not sure what changed in that regard with bupropion.

So all I can say is that with it things definitely didn't get worse, and maaaaybe they got better, but it was nothing like the night and day difference something like T3 and caffeine make for me. Still, I guess it could be that like with the EC stack there are benefits even if you don't notice them (metabolism, nutrient partitioning).

Have you googled this for other people's experiences? Depression and eating disorder forums might be a better place for this than the bodybuilding ones.
Unread 04-24-2018, 08:03 AM

I bought some 300mg XL from an overseas pharm and tried it. I'll give a short summary.

Pros:

- Overall it feels like a weaker ephedrine that lasts all day.
- For me it kills hunger very well.

Cons:

- Feels too strong in terms of a stimulant unless I'm going very low carb, then it just makes me feel normal. Gives you a cracked out feeling unless you're heavy dieting. Ephedrine is much stronger (unless you're tolerant) BUT ephedrine eventually wears off after 4+ hours.

As for depression or whatever, I'm not really depressed and I don't really feel different on vs off.

Overall a decent diet drug but the XL version lasts too long, IMO, making it hard to sleep.

Could be great for UD 2.0

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 06-02-2018, 03:13 PM

I take 300mg as well. I'm not sure exactly how much of an appetite suppressant it is alone but i take it along with 200mg of caffeine first thing when i wake up. I don't usually eat ANYTHING until around 2:30-3:00 PM at the earliest.

I'm also pretty accustomed to Intermittent Fasting and dieting though. I mean this drug certainly isn't going to hurt in terms of weight loss but that's not really a reason to go on it.

I would say the effect is not nearly as much as ephedrine where i cant eat AT ALL for a long time.... then again i usually take a LOT more than the recommended dosage of ephedrine everytime i try it.... quite addictive... that's why i dont often buy it

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 06-12-2018, 03:36 AM

I've been on 300xl bupropion for months and fat burners for years. I do not take ec at all anymore cuz that always caused chest pains that wouldn't go away for a month or even two after I stopped taking.
No issues with bupropion and the high amounts of caffeine in the fat burners. For me, bupropion definitely causes appetite suppression but it's a timing thing. Example, I used to take it first thing in the morning 5-6am and I wouldn't be hungry till about the evening but the hunger would be ravenous. So I recently moved the dose to 12-1pm and that has helped so far. I just let the fat burners take care of the appetite suppression during the day time and that seems to do the trick so far. No issues with sleep.

Lately I've been thinking about skipping the fat burners and trying clen for the first time. I won't until I do some more reading about the combination cuz I'm not sure if that's a no no. Does anyone have experience with the two?
Unread 06-12-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymoose View Post
I've been on 300xl bupropion for months and fat burners for years. I do not take ec at all anymore cuz that always caused chest pains that wouldn't go away for a month or even two after I stopped taking.
No issues with bupropion and the high amounts of caffeine in the fat burners. For me, bupropion definitely causes appetite suppression but it's a timing thing. Example, I used to take it first thing in the morning 5-6am and I wouldn't be hungry till about the evening but the hunger would be ravenous. So I recently moved the dose to 12-1pm and that has helped so far. I just let the fat burners take care of the appetite suppression during the day time and that seems to do the trick so far. No issues with sleep.

Lately I've been thinking about skipping the fat burners and trying clen for the first time. I won't until I do some more reading about the combination cuz I'm not sure if that's a no no. Does anyone have experience with the two?
Clen sucks
Unread 06-12-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Clen sucks
Recommendation for something else besides ec?
Unread 06-22-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Recommendation for something else besides ec?
Clen does not suck. Try a low dose, ramp up each day and see what you think. Has worked just fine.

Clen has this really polarizing image for some reason. People either are terrified and hate it or use it just fine.

Main problem with clen is you can only use it for 2 weeks before you need to take a break.
Unread 06-22-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg10587 View Post
Clen does not suck. Try a low dose, ramp up each day and see what you think. Has worked just fine.

Clen has this really polarizing image for some reason. People either are terrified and hate it or use it just fine.

Main problem with clen is you can only use it for 2 weeks before you need to take a break.
Clen vs winstrol for fat loss?

Which has worse sides and what would be the main one?

Question is for anyone here, more curious. Had a bottle of win and thru it away before touching. I was sketched out of hair loss and pimples. I read some stuff on both but everything was conflicting...and this is the only board I would "trust" if any.
Unread 06-23-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Clen vs winstrol for fat loss?

Which has worse sides and what would be the main one?

Question is for anyone here, more curious. Had a bottle of win and thru it away before touching. I was sketched out of hair loss and pimples. I read some stuff on both but everything was conflicting...and this is the only board I would "trust" if any.
Isn't winstrol gear? Why not both? I really don't know much about winstrol but clen and gear should be fine.

If it was me, Id go clen alone. I personally wouldn't waste the winstrol on cutting unless you feel you have problems with a lot of muscle loss. If you are wanting to use both, then definitely try the low dose and taper up method for clen I mentioned.

Never had trouble with clen. Some shakes and a fidgety when first starting but that goes away in a day or two.