BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Applied Nutrition for Mixed Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-07-2013, 01:44 PM

Default Some q's regarding to the book.

First of all Id like to say this exactly what I've been looking for in terms of nutrition for my sport (muay thai). Spent the last 4 hours reading. Lyle's guidelines is very sound, I'd take it far as god like in the nutrition field. I just have questions hopefully Lyle or others here can answer:

1) In regards to carb intake, on my hard days I find myself training up total 4hrs+ a day and on my light days tend to lean more towards working the endurance side 90mins-3hrs (since power and strength was never an issue) would exceeding 6.6g/kg of carbs on high volume days be ok?

2) I have fish allergies, any replacement for fish oil?

Thanks in advance
Unread 12-25-2013, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaythai_monkey View Post
1) In regards to carb intake, on my hard days I find myself training up total 4hrs+ a day and on my light days tend to lean more towards working the endurance side 90mins-3hrs (since power and strength was never an issue) would exceeding 6.6g/kg of carbs on high volume days be ok?
Of course you can. Why the hell not, if your energy expenditure is especially high?

Quote:
2) I have fish allergies, any replacement for fish oil?
There are vegetarian EPA/DHA supplements available. Microalgae extracts, or something. Dunno if it would be as effective as fish oil. I doubt there are any comparison studies.