BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-08-2012, 04:22 PM

I have done HIIT on EC numerous times and my heart rate never goes above ~140bpm. That said, I can only speak for myself.

Just know your limits. If you try running for a bit (not sprinting) and your heart shoots up to 160bpm, chances are sprints are out of the question. I think that limiting it to walking is a little extreme. Common sense is key here.

One quick note though, and that is that I wouldn't try doing intense exercise on basically any substance in question if you do not know how it affects you. This is common sense - know what it does while rested before trying it out during exercise
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoyasw View Post
Is there any reason why the EC stack should make you drowsy/fatigued? I used to take plain caffeine, which worked beautifully (as a stimulant), but as soon as I added ephedrine to the mix (and I tried all different doses) the same exhausted feelings took effect (although sometimes after 5 or 6 hours I might awaken).

your adrenals are fatigued or you are just one of those that have a paradoxical response to stims. Kind of how folks with ADHD get mellowed with adderall but if someone without the condition took it, they would be all energized.
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:22 AM

Why is it recommended that people with a history of thyroid problems avoid doing an EC stack? Not necessarily by Lyle, but by several other articles I've seen advocating the use of an EC stack.
Unread 01-11-2013, 05:05 AM

Default Menopause and ephedra

Lyle - any research/studies on the effect ephedra has on women who are perimenopausal or menopausal? I did the RFLD last year, used the EC stack, and lost 20 pounds. (Thx.) With onset of menopause, I started experiencing severe anxiety (apparently due to absence of progesterone) and severe hot flashes (no estrogen). i stopped all stimulants and the ephedrine while I struggled with hormone imbalance induced madness. Still crazy, but began Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy this week and have been exercising intensely (interval and resistance) 5xs a week for about two months. I'd like to resume the EC stack but am concerned it will interfere with balancing my hormones. Having been at the edge of madness for the past four months, i don't want to do anything to take the final step off that cliff but, paradoxically but not unusual for me, I am gaining weight exercising, and not all of it is muscle, and am missing the extra boost the EC stack gave me.
Thx,
jnm
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesty View Post
Why is it recommended that people with a history of thyroid problems avoid doing an EC stack? Not necessarily by Lyle, but by several other articles I've seen advocating the use of an EC stack.
Do you have any links on that? The major concern is for people that have overactive thyroid conditions. There are anecdotal reports of hypothyroid individuals becoming super sensitive to stimulants but that's really something that can be tolerated on an individual to individual basis if there is any real truth behind it.
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrow View Post
your adrenals are fatigued or you are just one of those that have a paradoxical response to stims. Kind of how folks with ADHD get mellowed with adderall but if someone without the condition took it, they would be all energized.
The latter yes, the former no. Adrenal fatigue is a crock of crap. I also don't think people with ADHD get mellowed from Adderall, rather they are able to focus better... usually on less subjects. I don't have anything near ADHD but even with just E/C, my ability to focus on relatively mindless tasks is much greater than during an off period (e.g. winter).
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
Do you have any links on that? The major concern is for people that have overactive thyroid conditions. There are anecdotal reports of hypothyroid individuals becoming super sensitive to stimulants but that's really something that can be tolerated on an individual to individual basis if there is any real truth behind it.
I have Hashimoto's and I do well with EC. To my understanding, it's a misconception that if anything affects your thyroid (positively or negatively,) and you have thyroid problems, you should avoid it.

It's hogwash. I still have yet to find a doctor near me that actually knows how to adequately diagnose and treat thyroid issues (or at least better than I can.) And these same doctors are going to be the ones that would tell me to avoid EC because of my slightly under active thyroid.

That said, I am sensitive to stimulants. I can only take two doses per day (instead of three) or it will keep up wired throughout the night. It takes ~9 hours from my last dose to get to where I can sleep.
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
Not credible ones, nope. The first time I was just looking for information on use of the EC Stack in general and came across some websites (bodybuilding type sites, mostly) saying it was fine but with a disclaimer in there about people with thyroid problems. Upon trying to recreate the search, all I can find are people on message boards with the exact same question I have. From what anecdotal evidence I can gather, it's a bad idea to do EC/ECA with certain types of hypothyroid medicines (Synthroid was mentioned twice specifically), but I don't take anything for my hypothyroidism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by affine View Post
I have Hashimoto's and I do well with EC. To my understanding, it's a misconception that if anything affects your thyroid (positively or negatively,) and you have thyroid problems, you should avoid it.

It's hogwash. I still have yet to find a doctor near me that actually knows how to adequately diagnose and treat thyroid issues (or at least better than I can.) And these same doctors are going to be the ones that would tell me to avoid EC because of my slightly under active thyroid.

That said, I am sensitive to stimulants. I can only take two doses per day (instead of three) or it will keep up wired throughout the night. It takes ~9 hours from my last dose to get to where I can sleep.
Bolded for TRUTH. It is so irritating having a thyroid problem and only being able to find incompetent doctors. I've been to 3 in my lifetime for this, and it's all blood tests and "Hmm well maybe it's This" and the end result is just like, "What are you even doing??". My mother has the same thyroid problems as I do and she walked out of the doctor's office with prescriptions for Prozac (for anxiety), Wellbutrin (a fat blocker), and some sort of thyroid regulator, don't remember the name. Eventually we decided the doctors are all a crock of horsecrap and gave up taking anything. We're both losing weight and dealing with our hypothyroidism via diet and exercise.

I think I'm going to order some ephedrine and try this out. I tried just caffeine last time and was very sensitive to it. It made me feel high as a kite for about 6-7 hours after taking it, and it kept me up at night, so I'll go with half-doses at first and work up to full doses 2x per day.

Thanks for the info, people!
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:51 AM

Should dosage be adjusted for the size of the person? It seems odd recommending 20/200 to both a 120 and 220 pounder
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:27 PM

What's the minimum number of days/weeks I need to stop using the ec stack in order to regain the full appetite suppressing effects when I go back on?

I've been on ec stack (200mg caffeine/20mg Bronkaid 3x/day) since August. The appetite suppressing effects are long gone and I want it back asap. Anyone?