BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 06-09-2018, 08:17 AM
Tormenty Tormenty is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 26
Default Ephedrine unsafe for long term use?

Was thinking of taking ephedrine long-term but found this article...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ears-live.html

Last edited by Tormenty : 06-09-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 06-09-2018, 08:31 AM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,160
Default

The dailymail is teh Enquirer of the UK

Ephedrine has been studied since the 70's with an incredible safety protocol so long as it is not used stupidly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 06-09-2018, 08:46 AM
Tormenty Tormenty is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
The dailymail is teh Enquirer of the UK

Ephedrine has been studied since the 70's with an incredible safety protocol so long as it is not used stupidly
Was the women on the article using it stupidly?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 06-09-2018, 09:02 AM
BEATMEOUTTAME's Avatar
BEATMEOUTTAME BEATMEOUTTAME is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 437
Default

Wouldnt recommend it if you have addiction issues. Very, very addictive. Similar enough compound to other stuff that i found it too appealing and can never stop at safe dosage.

Its also not so great for your sex life due to it restricting blood flow.


But as far as muscle retention, weight loss, and appetite suppressant it is extremely effective IMO.
__________________
My Wild Ride to A great body in my 30s.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 06-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Tormenty Tormenty is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
Wouldnt recommend it if you have addiction issues. Very, very addictive. Similar enough compound to other stuff that i found it too appealing and can never stop at safe dosage.

Its also not so great for your sex life due to it restricting blood flow.

But as far as muscle retention, weight loss, and appetite suppressant it is extremely effective IMO.
No problem with addiction so far. Just worried about my heart being damaged. A lot of drugs were released to the market after a "incredible safety protocol" and later withdrawn because detrimental effects to heart.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 06-09-2018, 10:22 PM
Twitchy Twitchy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenty View Post
No problem with addiction so far. Just worried about my heart being damaged. A lot of drugs were released to the market after a "incredible safety protocol" and later withdrawn because detrimental effects to heart.
Anybody who was hurt from ephedrine either had a pre-existing medical condition(ex: bad heart) that reacted badly to it or they overdosed.

Just cycle for tolerance.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 06-10-2018, 04:01 AM
Tormenty Tormenty is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
Anybody who was hurt from ephedrine either had a pre-existing medical condition(ex: bad heart) that reacted badly to it or they overdosed.

Just cycle for tolerance.
The article doesn't say the woman had any pre-existing medical condition and it says the woman took 2 pills a day for 4 years. She wasn't even overweight so I don't see probable she had had high blood pressure or other cardiovascular problems. Presupposing it was the higher dose available (25mg), it wasn't very much.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 06-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Myles.Buckley Myles.Buckley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: GPS: 50.916752 N, 114.050961 W
Posts: 1,464
Default

i've taken ephedrine pretty much daily for well over twenty years.

the dailymail is in a race with the enquirer to make the most idiotic inane articles

tough to know who's' winning that race overall.
__________________
1. Ketosis doesn't matter.
2. Strength training+Protein+DHA/EPA+veggies+vitamins&minerals DOES.
3. Search BEFORE you ask questions.
4. Use google as well - Add "site:lylemcdonald.com". Google can find those short strings of letters.
5. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
6. Check the STICKY threads.
7. use google to find all my posts.
8. Supplement evidence
9. Private message are cheerfully ignored.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 06-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Twitchy Twitchy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenty View Post
The article doesn't say the woman had any pre-existing medical condition and it says the woman took 2 pills a day for 4 years. She wasn't even overweight so I don't see probable she had had high blood pressure or other cardiovascular problems. Presupposing it was the higher dose available (25mg), it wasn't very much.
I wouldn't trust any site about ephedrine unless they state they took the necessary precautions prior to the article.

The long term effects of ephedrine remain unknown, however long term usage of any stimulant in most cases causes problems.

The first post in this thread by Lyle answered your question; short term usage of ephedrine is safe as long as you don't do something stupid like overdose or mix it with other drugs that can cause a bad reaction.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 06-10-2018, 07:50 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,160
Default

Look, here is the thing: pick a something, any something

Someone will have died from it.

Ephedrine has been used for 5 decades in staggering amounts with a handful of reported deaths

Aspirin is worse
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.