Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-05-2018, 03:31 PM

Yes, and that can teach me about my body

Today:
I did depletion in one day, across two workout
I went at gym at 10 a.m and I did:
Leg press 3 sets
Cable row 3 sets
Back extension 3 sets (for glutes & hamstrings)
Horizontal chest press 3 sets
Calf raises 3 sets
Cable lateral raises 3 sets
Dumbell curl 3 sets
Triceps pushdown 3 sets
1 min rest betwen sets, each sets under tension 45-60 second
All this two times
It took me 2h40
Yeah I’m slow because I take my time between exercices and I go at toilet frequently

I went home, eat some chicken, drink some coffee and relax 1 hours

And I went at gym a second time (at 2 p.m) and I did;
Incline chest press 3 sets
Pulldown 3 sets
Leg extension 3 sets
Leg curl 3 sets
Calf raises 3 sets
Lateral raises 3 sets
All this two times
And 2 sets of barbell curl and triceps pushdown at the end to reach 8 total sets for arms
It took me 2 hours
After this second workout I was very tired the following 3 hours, since those 3 hours I’m feeling good
I ate 1200 calories today
Unread 03-06-2018, 03:14 AM

interesting thing:
My heart rate was high yesterday, at bedtime, so 7 hours after my second depletion workout, my rest heart rate was at 58-60 bpm while I am normally in the 38-44 bpm range
It took me 1 hours and half to fall asleep, but I sleeped 7 hours and half so it's good
this morning my rest heart rate come back at 42 bpm, so I think my high heart rate from yesterday was due to the high volume workout
Unread 03-06-2018, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpDesertique View Post
interesting thing:
My heart rate was high yesterday, at bedtime, so 7 hours after my second depletion workout, my rest heart rate was at 58-60 bpm while I am normally in the 38-44 bpm range
It took me 1 hours and half to fall asleep, but I sleeped 7 hours and half so it's good
this morning my rest heart rate come back at 42 bpm, so I think my high heart rate from yesterday was due to the high volume workout
Probably. During intense exercise, the body needs oxygen so it pumps more blood to supply it, hence higher pulse.

60 bpm is a normal heart rate. 38-44 is kinda low, but it's possibly an indication of your fitness levels. Training actually lowers resting heart rate, which is known as Athletic heart syndrome.

Take some melatonin before sleep.
Unread 03-06-2018, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Probably. During intense exercise, the body needs oxygen so it pumps more blood to supply it, hence higher pulse.

60 bpm is a normal heart rate. 38-44 is kinda low, but it's possibly an indication of your fitness levels. Training actually lowers resting heart rate, which is known as Athletic heart syndrome.

Take some melatonin before sleep.

At 60 bpm I feel it’s high for me, I’m definitively not an expert in heart rate and thing like that but I believe it’s endurance work who tend to lower heart rate?
Despite the fact I never do cardio (the last time I did cardio it was for physical education at school 1 years and half ago), I just do weight trainning
I've always had low heart rate (like my father)

For the sleep, last time I did UD 2.0 I did full depletion in only one workout on monday and I could not sleep at night, but the rest of the week I slept wonderfully
Unread 03-06-2018, 06:02 AM

Quote:
At 60 bpm I feel it’s high for me, I’m definitively not an expert in heart rate and thing like that but I believe it’s endurance work who tend to lower heart rate?
Despite the fact I never do cardio (the last time I did cardio it was for physical education at school 1 years and half ago), I just do weight trainning
I've always had low heart rate (like my father)

For the sleep, last time I did UD 2.0 I did full depletion in only one workout on monday and I could not sleep at night, but the rest of the week I slept wonderfully
Yeah.

Athlete's heart is common in athletes who routinely exercise more than an hour a day, and occurs primarily in endurance athletes, though it can occasionally arise in heavy weight trainers.

Then just take melatonin on depletion days, so you fall asleep faster. It's an ancient, magical supplement.

If you're not doing any cardio, because fact is that cardio sucks, at least do some walking both for health purposes (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9181668) and for some active recovery.
Unread 03-06-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Yeah.

Athlete's heart is common in athletes who routinely exercise more than an hour a day, and occurs primarily in endurance athletes, though it can occasionally arise in heavy weight trainers.

Then just take melatonin on depletion days, so you fall asleep faster. It's an ancient, magical supplement.

If you're not doing any cardio, because fact is that cardio sucks, at least do some walking both for health purposes (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9181668) and for some active recovery.

I guess is rather positive than negative to have a low heart rate?

I am going to see tonight in store if the price is not to high

Yeah I walking daily, I don't use my car to go at grocery and gym, I'm walking on average 5km per day according to my iPhone
Unread 03-06-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I guess is rather positive than negative to have a low heart rate?

I am going to see tonight in store if the price is not to high

Yeah I walking daily, I don't use my car to go at grocery and gym, I'm walking on average 5km per day according to my iPhone
I don't know. If it's genetic predisposition, not much you can do about it.

That's totally enough on daily basis.
Unread 03-06-2018, 03:53 PM

This average of 5km is for this season, with cold it’s unpleasant to be outside
In summer whith sun and hot temperatures I will obviously walking more

Today:
I relaxed (playing at video games)
I went at a supermarket where I don’t go usualy and I found the orange monster ultra (there are only the white and red monster ultra where I go usualy)
I went to walk while drinking it: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...81899d49e.jpeg
9 calories into 500ml, the nutrition fact: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...264d2943c.jpeg
It was pleasant thanks to the coming spring, 10 degres outside

I ate 1200 calories today, 50 carbs, 29 fat and 185 protein
It was a good day but I’I need to read the rules post.m glad I did full depletion yesterday, I feel like I can’t do physical activity

I’ve bought melatonin as advised me zLeeko, I took half a pills of 1mg
Unread 03-07-2018, 03:22 PM

Yesterday I could not fall asleep
After 2 hours in my bed I decided to leave my house, I went to walk outside from 1.30 am to 2.15 am, I was very energetic
After this walking I returned in my bed, after 20-30 minutes I falled asleep and slept 5 hours

Today was okay, I was not too tired, I walked quite a lot
I eaten 1200 calories, 180 protein, 27 fat and 58 carbs (I increased and save them for dinner to improve my sleep quality)
I will taken 1mg of melatonin this night to see if it will work beter
Unread 03-08-2018, 04:20 AM

During this week of UD2 I wanted to post a feedback on how it’s going on only at the end of day, but this morning I weighed myself and.... WHAT THE F...
I weigh 56.5kg I am a MALE of 56.5kg ahah

I don’t know how much time I slept this night, probably 8 hours so it’s good
I feel pretty good and energetic
I am going to go at gym for tension workout at 4 pm (too much people after 5-6 pm at my gym, I also want to drink coffee with my pre-workout) so carb load: from today 5 pm to tomorrow 10 pm
I bought rice krispies, pasta and low fat bread slices yesterday for the carb load
I plan to use the higher range of carbs (16gr of carbs per kg of BW, it’s not too high for me, I usually eat 400gr of carbs per day for maintaning my weight), 3 meal today after tension workout
And probably 6-7 meal tomorrow